What is going on here?

Hello so I had a posting and a buyer made a bid on it. I'm not sure weather or not they have paid or not because the money isn't show up on paypal. I have a screenshot to explain better. It says payment initiated does it mean the buyer has paid but it will show up later in paypal because the transaction is not showing up in paypal how long will the transaction take? Also the Estimated funds availability date in unavailable why is that? Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: What is going on here?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You should have received an email from Paypal about the payment, what does that say?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I have not why?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Paypal doesn't send you emails to your Paypal email address? I receive an email from Paypal whenever someone makes a payment. It will often give me more information about the payment.  

I don't know what unavailable means in this case. You might want to contact Paypal and ask them.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Probably OP got echeck.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Seems an echeck to me !!!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

When a buyer pays with an echeck, he is paying from his bank account.

The money comes out of his account immediately, but can take upwards of 10 days to negotiate two banking systems (Paypal banks only in the USA).

When the 'echeck' clears, the seller sees the payment in his PP account and on his eBay Sold page.

Now the seller can print a shipping label (a good way to ascertain if the payment has cleared, BTW) and ship.

Remember too, that new sellers have a 21 Day Hold on cleared payments. They can still print the shipping labels from the Held but cleared payment.

And it's a Buyer Protection thing. Nothing personal.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Make sure that the buyer understands that their payment is an echeque and that you will not be shipping the item until it is fully cleared. If they do not know this then they may open an item not received case at an unreasonable time after you ship and you will get a defect and possibly loose the item value and shipping $ in the said claim.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It might be an echeque but I thought that in the past it would pending for an echeque, not unavailable.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I was contacted by the buyer. They said I have contacted Paypal and they have informed me that the email address that you have on your Ebay profile is not registered with Paypal.  So, to fix this you need to go to your Ebay profile and enter the email address that you have registered with paypal.

I'm pretty sure I already did this, but can someone tell me how to do this to make sure I did it right.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Go to the listing, hit sell similar and edit the listing to see the payment field.  Check what email you put in, you might have typo'd it to one that doesn't exist.  If its an email you already have, or one you can sign up for you can add it to your paypal account and claim the payment.  if its an email address you can't get, the buyer needs to cancel the payment 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply