When I have a question that isn't answered, why, when I contact ebay, do I have to pay for the call?

I found to my surprise that I was paying for the call and it wasn't in Canada or the U.S.   Why can't we contact them by email.  We do our bidding and buying and selling online.  Why  not help us online?  Sounds a bit odd to me.  Waiting for the big phone bill to come in and I am not happy as I am on pension.  The "help" told me I was paying for the call, not ebay, much to my shock and disgust. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: When I have a question that isn't answered, why, when I contact ebay, do I have to pay for the c

They do have online help but not for Canadians because we are nobody to ebay just a drop in the bucket

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: When I have a question that isn't answered, why, when I contact ebay, do I have to pay for the c

Thank you for the reply.  Maybe I will just change my vendor.  If they don't appreciate my bucks, I will give them to someone else.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you used the 1-800 number provided online, then NO you were not paying for the call. eBay CSRs like to lie to you. That line was designed to get you to hang up sooner because they probably had no idea on how to answer your concerns.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

They do have online help but not for Canadians because we are nobody to ebay just a drop in the bucket

Who do they have online help for? They don't have an online chat or similar service available to North American sellers as far as I know.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you dialed the 1 800 number that you can get while searching online customer support, you won't be charged for the call. I don't agree with the other poster that the reps "like to lie" but they are not always correct in their facts, especially as it relates to Canadians.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply