Where would ebay provide CLEAR & COMPLETE info on ALL selling fees?

10% fee?!?..and that's minimum? Impossible!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You're right.

It's actually about 20% when you include Paypal fees and Shipping FVF.

If you become a Top Rated Seller, you can get a 20% discount on fees.

You can reduce your Shipping FVF by offering Free Shipping domestically.

But if you can't afford  20% of sales as overhead, then you need a different product.  FWIW, most of my items sell for $10 but I rarely pay even a loonie for them.  If you can't mark up by at least 100% (300% to 400 % for jewellry) you can't make money.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

And as an occasional seller in a high value/highfraud category, Paypal will be holding your customer's payment against your good performance for 21 days.

It's nothing personal, just part of their Buyer Protection policy.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Why is there a shipping FVF to begin with? I don't collect the shipping for ME...I collect it on behalf of Canada Post and I always get short-changed because there are no Canada Post outlets any more; just greedy, always padding pharmacy employees.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ebay started adding a FVF to shipping because some sellers (a small number in my opinion) were selling items for 99 cents with $100 for shipping to avoid paying fees on a $100 sale. Not all excessive shipping violators were charging $100 but sometimes would be some other ridiculous amount like $10 to ship a pair of earrings. I have personally seen a couple of sellers list athletic shoes for 99 cents with $150 and higher for shipping because they wanted $150 for the shoes. Ebay decided to punish all sellers for the actions of a few by making sellers pay FVF on shipping.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yeah but something is not right with 10%. So I guess that explains the fees for any joe-blow; where are the store(?) seller fees?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay can't create code to put approximately the correct shipping for at least Canada & the US, and get rid of the fees on shipping?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply