Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Tax Software for eBay (eBay Fees, Paypal Fees, Home Internet, Blackberry..)

Hi Everyone, This is the first year I've been on eBay selling. When I started, I wasn't aware that the CRA had mandated that eBay share Power Seller information to them. I consulted a Chartered Accountant today for tax advice and how much it will cos...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Change in payment dates

Just got my Ebay bill for Dec, which will be automatically taken from my bank account on Jan 21. There is a little note attached saying that beginning in Feb the payment will be taken 15 days after the bill, rather than the current 21 days. Ebay keep...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

AdCommerce ends activity on January 31...

Hi, I just noticed a message on AdCommerce : System Message: Please be aware that AdCommerce will be discontinued on January 31, 2011. Please see http://www.adcommerceblog.com for more information. Bitte beachten Sie, dass AdCommerce zum 31. Januar 2...

Most complete buyer metamorphosis...

This is new for me: Buyer purchased a trailer wiring box, a real low fraud item, on Dec 8th. Sent it with Small packet - Air to USA, left FB, done deal. Not so fast. Today, I got a question of " Never got item, can you resend ?", together with an eBa...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

WHAT DO SELLERS DO ABOUT BUYERS Taking Advantage of the Shipping/Tracking

I would like to know how other sellers react to a buyer saying they did not get there item. It is impossible to pay the shipping price to get tracking when the item is only worth 3-5 dolars. I have had many customers say they don;t get the items but ...

5 STAR RATING FOR SHIPPING TIME

When posting feedback and star rating for a USA seller, this message came up: "Meeting or exceeding our shipping requirements automatically gives the seller a five-star rating." and I was not able to leave a rating. Does anyone know what the shipping...

Negative feedback...

Hi everyone, I sold two rings to a customer who was a "newbie". I left her positive feedback when she paid as is always my custom. She left me negative feedback because she thought the two rings were solid gold & they were yellow gold plated. She did...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay service rep. using the term "one-time Education" for a Platinum Seller

Please read the following transcript and give me your opinion on what she meant by "one-time Education" Jholly P. (12/24/2010 03:21:03 AM) Hello. Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. My name is Jholly. May I please have your first name? greenwasa...

'Tis the Season

Getting lots of "Where is My Item" questions the last week or so. 'Tis the season to be impatient I guess. I believe that eBay really needs to push the fact that we have no control over shipping times. If we ship an item within 1 day or less, then th...

Advice to listing picture size

We have been using pics 350 x 260 pixels but I am wondering if there is a size better suited to listing on eBay. What are you guys and gals using? Size? DPI? We are looking to have two pics side-by-side as big as possible without slowing down the pag...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Double payment for same auction

Customer did not catch it, so I sent him an email to check on his PayPal. Two distinct PayPal transaction IDs, but only the later one is associated with eBay sale. We caught it right away because we match every payment to it's orders before the order...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post Service

On November 28th, I mailed 38 packages from the main post office in Sarnia. Most of them were Small Packet Air, few Light Packet. After a while, complaints started pouring in about items not received. After a half dozen complaints, all pointing to No...

Is it me or are more and more buyers not reading?

I've posted a few times about buyers not reading my item descriptions and leaving bad feedback. I sell crochet pattern publications to make the items I picture in my auctions but unfortunately every now and then a buyer comes along and thinks they ar...

I can't sell been DSR'd by the crazies

WOW can't believe I was just cut off from selling??? cut back on my selling then get 1 bad apple buyer and boing my DSR is just below the average and I get cut off selling ... I have 100% feedback everybodys happy that actual leaves feedback all othe...

Santa Claus?

I received this feedback from a customer today. Feedback for this seller s positie for sure,fastt shi, arrived 26 Dec. Grat deal Santa must have had a hand in this one because it arrived on Dec. 26! :-)

What is the best listing tool?

If cost were not a deciding factor, what is the most versatile listing tool currently available? Below is a wish-list: Interfaces with eBay Runs on one's own PC Hosts pictures reliably (or, host on eBay?) Watermark capability Scheduling ability Real-...

• 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping calculator glitch???

Has anyone else noticed a glitch with shipping costs? We have it all programmed to only charge $3.95 (to the US) and everything else no charge shipping. Since yesterday some buyers have been grossly overcharged on shipping when the system calculates ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Kudos to Fed-Ex

We usually read about issues shippers have, be it Canada Post or one of the courier companies. Just thought I would give a tip of my hat to Fed-Ex. Details, shipped from Toronto this past Wednesday. Picked up here about noon. Delivered to buyer in Pe...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need faster way to end auctions on eBay.

My son-in-law died on Monday. When he was admitted to hospital last Thursday evening, the same day DH had outpatient surgery, I had over 900 listings with over 200 of them as auctions. We brought my 2 grandsons home with us that evening and they stay...

Why do some listings not show up worldwide?

I had a student of mine call and ask why his listing: 160515292724 would not show up on other eBay sites. He ships worldwide and seems to have done everything right. When I type the listing # into other eBay sites it shows up. However, when I copy an...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

why are some of these items not removed?

so there is a company that sells iphones here on ebay. the buy it now price is $1449 OR you can pick it up at his store for $400 if you just walk in. I report the listings all the time and yet, he has 100% positive feedback and eBay just lets him kee...

Ridiculous customer i had ever met in my life!!

Today i met the most ridiculous customer in my entire life!!!! This person brought an common adapter from my store, after couple days. He opened a dispute in paypal. There is comment following:" I have sent you 2 emails with no response, the charger ...

Hello got a question: Best way to close down for a month?

Hey everyone...long time no chat. After 5 years on eBay I've somewhat moved on. Sales have dropped so much since I started and not only that, so have my profit margins. Something had to give and it was long overdue. I'm now working full time for some...

Expedited Parcel

Hi Everyone, I sent a package to the Chesapeake, Virginia on October 3rd, 2010 via Expedited Parcel. On November 2nd I filed a claim with Canada Post via the phone. Rudia, the Canada Post rep, said that they would forward the information to the US Po...

escrow.com - worthwhile?

Hi all! I'm looking at selling larger lots & am wondering about escrow.com as an alternative to traditional PayPal after getting ripped off from several buyers internationally.. seem to have the most trouble from people in former Soviet/Eastern Europ...

U-Line Canada's "Dirty Little Secret

I personally was very happy when U Line opened up distribution for Canada, just west of Toronto. Excellent selection, competitive pricing, order by 5 p.m. delivered next business day, etc. My only issue was having to pay "a lot" for shipping. Because...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer claims he didn't get a full refund, threatening a Neg.

So, I've got a situation that I'm not quite sure what else to do, and hoping someone else has had a similar issue and worked through it. A buyer ordered an iPod Skin Kit on October 7th ($11.24 with HST), which we shipped right away. On Oct 13th he em...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.