how to i make claim of fraudulent item? all links in help center to do so send in circles.

mc.trivia
Community Member

I was sold a fake memory card.  Being the seller was in Canada I though it would be safe but after testing I can confirm the card is a fake and any data copied to the card will just get corrupt after 16GB is written to the card.  The seller has removed the item since sale and as a result all advice in help center seems to not work.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

how to i make claim of fraudulent item? all links in help center to do so send in circles.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear things did not work with this transaction as you hoped. This is a member-to-member board, however, and the best we can do is provide advice as fellow users. You need to contact ebay Customer Service or go to the Resolution Centre and walk your way through opening an Item Not as Described case. (And we're not allowed to name ebay IDs here; a moderator will be coming in to alter what you've written.) But do open a case or call Customer Service. If you are unsatisfied, there are ways it can be addressed. Best of luck to you as you carry forward. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

How do you find there phone number?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Talking to someone will not solve the problem.

While most transactions go smoothly, there is an automated system in place which is fast and efficient.

But you do have to follow the system. Make up your own and nothing will happen.

Go here:  http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

You will be told to contact the seller. You've done that.

So open the Dispute.

You will be told to return the card to the seller. You must use a Confirmed Delivery service for this. That would be Regular Parcel or ExpressPost. Choose the cheapest. You will not get your return postage refunded.

When you can show that the card has been delivered (not sent, delivered) if the seller does not refund you in full, then Paypal will and then go after the seller for their money.

You get your original payment back.

The seller is out that payment and had a black mark on his selling account. That may mean that it will be harder for him to list and sell on eBay in future. He may have his future payments held against his customer's satisfaction. He may be booted off the site. He may have his fees go up.

The type of claim is Item Not As Described. It covers all sorts of description problems.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply