Who is obligated to pay shipping overages?

I live in the most remote location in Canada. Lately Companies like FedEx have deleted my address from there database due to fraud concerns regarding shipping. I am on Ellesmere Island in the high arctic. And it is completely true I have been taking advantage of this mispricing for years, it has never caught up to me. When the courier ships to here, two airlines have to Handel the product, and they bill the sender. These bills range from $400 to a few thousand... Canada post just jacked the rate for here roughly 700% as they are now aware of my personal ordering here. But my question is, if my address is correctly entered on eBay, and my shipping is per calculated, and I pay everything via PayPal, a) is the seller allowed to back out? B) who is responsible for the excess fees? Right now the real cost of sending say a 12x12 5lb. Parcel here from the US is about 600-800 plus customs duties... eBay has been notified repeatedly about the issue, but has never taken action to make changes to the system. Another example of real shipping was a baby carrier in Australia, 3400$ shipping via Australia post.... Where as say purolator would only quote a couple hundred for the same thing before, and someone would be billed for the rest...,
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Who is obligated to pay shipping overages?

I'm x0a 0j0 Canada btw...
Message 2 of 2
latest reply