Why are sellers taking advantage of the recently new US postal rates and charging so much to ship.

The US postal rates for shipping to Canada have almost doubled. I find that some sellers are taking advantage of this and charge

shipping rates that are way to high for the item being shipped. I like to by old car magazines on ebay and most sellers are fair in their shipping rates of 5.00 to 10.00 dollars, but many are charging 20.00 to even 40.00 to ship a magazine. This is not fair to good ebay buyers who expect to purchase items at a fair price and receive reasonable shIpping rates.

Some even give you a low selling price so they can sell the item and charge you inflated shipping rates. I live in Canada about 15 minutes from the New York state border and I don't understand why shipping rates from the US are so expensive??.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why are sellers taking advantage of the recently new US postal rates and charging so much to ship.

marnotom!
Community Member

What shipping method are these sellers using?  It should say right on the listing page.

I'm betting that they're not shipping through the postal system.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Some even give you a low selling price so they can sell the item and charge you inflated shipping rates. I live in Canada about 15 minutes from the New York state border and I don't understand why shipping rates from the US are so expensive??.

Sounds like a PO box or accomodation address in USA might be useful for you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply