Why does the shipping amount change when I click on an item?

Why is it that lately when I click on an item, the cost of shipping changes to a higher price than the one shown when looking at the list?  This has never happened to me before, but is happening often in the last week.  And yes, I have my settings in Canadian funds & my correct address entered.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member

I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly:  You're saying that the shipping cost in the listing is higher than what's stated in search results?

If so, are you referring to items selling for below C$20 that are in the U.S. and being shipping through the Global Shipping Program, or are you referring to a different sort of scenario?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This buyer is referring to a scenario where you see the list of items you searched for, you click one and when you click through and arrive at the page, the shipping is not what it was on the list.

What's happening is (as an example) the within US shipping is listing on the search results, click through, the cost to ship to Canada is on the actual page.  This is just how it is with eBay.

To me it's incredibly disingenuous and fixable by eBay but then you wouldn't click through if the $300 shipping for a bottle perfume charge was listed in the search results, now would you?  I've just taken to excluding the known perfume sellers (my most searched for item) who don't charge reasonable amounts for shipping but that takes time.  It also takes time to click through to see what the actual shipping charge is for each listing and makes shopping on eBay a chore.  I was dinged once with this after coming back to eBay after a few years absence but now I'm extremely careful, you have to to be.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply