Why is paypal charging me personaly for shipping off my eBay account. Is that not part of what the customer pays?

degree9
Community Member

When I sell an item I put in -

Calculated: Cost varies by buyers location.

Is this not part of what the customer is charged and if so, why is paypal trying to charge it to me through my credit card or instant bank transfer??

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why is paypal charging me personaly for shipping off my eBay account. Is that not part of what the customer pays?

Your customer is invoiced for the hammer price of the auction (or Fixed Price listing) plus the Calculated Shipping shipping and handling fee  that you had set up.

You pay Final Value Fees on both parts of her payment. The price and the shipping.

The fees are indicated a few lines above the "List my item" button on the Sell Your Item form.

These are charged whether the buyer pays or not. So if your buyer did not pay, it is important to file an Unpaid Item Dispute which will reverse those fees.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The money the customer is charged (item and shipping) is given to you

when you print a postage label---you need to pay for this label using the funds that you were given for this purpose

If you are having funds held by Paypal for 21 days----then the postage needs to be paid from another source other then Paypal.   When the fund hold is over---you will have access to the funds to repay the amount taken from your bank account or CC

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
You are also charged a fee for receiving PayPal payments from your buyers.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply