Why is shipping rate the same for some provinces and different for others across Canada?

I've been working on my shipping rate problem...I'm trying to sell a pair of shoes and the dimensions and info for the box are as follows:

L 29Ccm 

W 13cm

H 10cm

Weight: .44kg

On Canada Post, under the orange Business Tab (Venture One holders) I clicked on Find a shipping rate tab. I input the item info as well as my postal code and a US destination = $10.35

When I tried inputting Canadian postal codes, I got varied shipping rates. 

BC: $13.43

AB: $16.10

NB: $14.80

How am I supposed to provide a shipping rate for each province? It doesn't make sense to select "Flat rate for all buyers".

The shoes box is not a Canada Post prepaid product. So is it considered "Other lettermail (nonstandard and oversize)" or what? - Yes I have the Postal Prices brochure - useless at times.

It seems buyers who see a product with "calculated shipping" aren't interested because of a billion reasons.

AHHH:s

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why is shipping rate the same for some provinces and different for others across Canada?

Because Canada Post has different rates depending on the distance and ease of delivery. 

As a seller this is not a problem. If you are able to use Letter Rate, shipping is the same throughout Canada as well as to overseas diplomatic (Box 500) and military (MPO) postal addresses.

For packages over 500 grams and/or 2cm, use Calculated Shipping. Always use metric dimensions. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and every other system will give you an approximation not a correct answer. 

Your buyer will see the cost to her postal address. Which is what she wants, eh?

Don't overthink this. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You're always answering my complicated (according to me) questions! 🙂

VERY USEFUL!!! & THANK YOU! - "For packages over 500 grams and/or 2cm, use Calculated Shipping. "
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

i use the fartherest rate,i give refund if iam too much over.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

But then you're paying eBay a FVF on total sale, then refunding the buyer partial amount of the shipping rate fee which eBay will not refund back to you the seller. I could be wrong.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply