Why was I charged for calling eBay customer service?

I just noticed on my phone bill that I was charged $5.50 for calling eBay customer service. The only reason I had to call in the first place was because they were forcing everyone to change their passwords for no apparent reason.

Not to mention, there is no way to contact eBay customer service except by phone. If there is another method, it's not very obvious on the site (email? live chat? I though these options were ubiquitous these days...).

There are tons of "Contact Us" buttons, but they all lead you to a more confusing and random place and ultimately the only choice is to call.  I refuse to call customer service and pay another six bucks, just to complain about the six bucks I spent in the first place. How do they not have a toll free phone number? Especially when that is the only method of contact. This seems crazy to me!

I have no clue how to even handle this or even where to voice my concerns - and that's a sign of terrible customer service! This is the worst - help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Totally agree with you! I've been sitting on hold for wel...

Were you using a land line or cellular service? The number for ebay customer service is toll-free so long-distance changes should not have applied.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Nope, called from my cell - you would think it would be toll-free, but apparently not...I can't even contact eBay via email or some other method to complain. I don't care about the $6 - it's the principle! 🙂
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"they were forcing everyone to change their passwords for no apparent reason." There was a security breach earlier in the year. That is why you had to change your password.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

nrmn
Community Member
Totally agree with you! I've been sitting on hold for well over ONE HOUR! Terrible customer service!!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply