Why would I close a case in sellers favor,via a paypal claim? AVOID

I have tried to get a refund,I did send this parcel back with incorrect disc and all discs and original case etc. I have the messages saved from the seller, they stated they will not refund a "returned to sender" on original parcel...I even wrote on the enclosed return / refund tag stating the incorrect disc, they still will not refund , now they have my funds and the defective product,I mailed back on May 17th 2017 ... they are basically ignoring me instead of just refunding,I was going to repurchase same item but now I doubt it! ....  The Constantine blue-ray set has a wrong disc .. disc 2 is a DVD I sent it back in mail on May 17th 2017 .. I was in recent contact i was told nothing has arrived as of yet for a return to be given a refund .   I am boycotting this seller now I spent a lot of $ on them in past they were good I guess they have a habit of taking your $ and keeping defective product,and of course they get refund from supplier Warner Bros. ...  Basically I'm done with them! ... p.s. you would think a big supplier would just refund or replace , after all it's the little guys like us that buy their products!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you go through the eBay Resolution Center and follow the steps outlined by eBay, or did you just send the parcel back without contacting the seller first or initiating a return through eBay?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I sure hope you returned the item with a tracking number or with a return label supplied by the seller, other wise you will have to try another course..if you answered no to both the above questions, you will have to try to go through paypal..

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Both eBay and Paypal require the sender (you) to be able to prove that the return has been received.

The big difference is that eBay requires the seller to pay for the return (usually) while PP insists that the buyer pay.

If you just marked the package "return to sender" , first it will take its own sweet time to get there, since these 'homeless' items are not a priority for the postal system. It could easily take a couple of months.

So the seller could be telling the truth that it has not arrived.

In any case, without the tracking number, neither eBay nor PP will force a refund. It's a 'he said/she said' and they won't take sides.

.  The Constantine blue-ray set has a wrong disc .. disc 2 is a DVD I sent it back in mail on May 17th 2017 ..

Oh, so you opened it?

Then repackaged and returned it?

That contravenes PO regulations, I believe.

Return to sender is for unopened packages, mostly wrong addresses or refused packages.

And again, no tracking, no refund.

As a gamer, you may do better if you learn the rules of the game before making up your own.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I only followed their instructions with returned packing slip , I enclosed the slip and it does not say anywhere on instructions to use tracking , not until I emailed seller 3 times they gave me a different answer!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes Sir I did, I tried Ebay then they suggested Paypal then back and forth then I submitted a claim, I purchased several times before without any problems!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I only followed their instructions with returned packing slip , I enclosed the slip and it does not say anywhere on instructions to use tracking , not until I emailed seller 3 times they gave me a different answer!

Oh dear.
That was ... sweetly naive of you.
The seller is not going to give you a refund.
You cannot prove the return.
Neither eBay nor PP will accept your claim without a tracking number that prove the return.

You have only 60 days from payment to leave Feedback.
You can leave a Response to any FB (yours or the seller's) indefinitely.
The most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Carefully did not mention tracking on return Refused refund ." for example.

You may be able to get a chargeback by going to the credit card you use to back your PP account. The clerk will need the dates, transaction numbers including PP, payment, currency, etc. Be prepared to help her process your chargeback.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply