Will we have a TRS grace period for late shipments?

This is from the .com site.

Here is the section I am referring to which you sent me earlier:

"Grace period

If you fall below the sales and tracking requirements for Top Rated Seller status, you may qualify for the Top Rated Seller grace period.During the Top Rated Seller grace period you retain your Top Rated Seller status and benefits. You have 2 evaluation cycles to get your transaction count, sales amount, or tracking requirements back to minimum program requirements.

You're only eligible for the Top Rated Seller grace period when:

• You've been a Top Rated Seller for the last 3 (or more) consecutive months immediately preceding evaluation; and

• You meet all of the performance standards of the Top Rated program for defect rate and cases closed without seller resolution.

If you don't meet sales and tracking requirements and performance standards after the grace period ends, you lose your Top Rated Seller status and benefits."

I know this is for evaluations PRIOR to the 2/20/16 update.  Will this STILL apply for the NEW guidelines also? I want to know if on 2/20/16 I will lose my TRS because my late shipping percentage is 3.14%? Or do I get the 30 days to get the number back down under 3%?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I did some more research on .com and this is what I found. For global we have to have 5% or below late shipment rate.  If that is the only issue we will not lose our TRS but ebay may advise you on your shipping.  See attached.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't read it like that.  Sellers who reach a more than 5% late shipment rate will lose TRS and the 20% discount, while maintaining an "above standard" rating, which is the minimum standard.

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr?searchstring=seller+performance+standards

Here's what we found for "seller performance standards"

Seller performance is based on your defect rate, which is re-evaluated on the 20th of each month. There are 3 seller levels:

Top Rated Seller:

• Our best sellers, providing a great experience for customers
  • Top Rated Sellers receive discounts and other benefits

Learn more about how to become a Top Rated Seller.

Above Standard:

• Our minimum standard for sellers
  • Requires that no more than 5% of your sales show a defect within the last evaluation period
  • Requires that no more than 0.3% of eBay or PayPal Money Back Guarantee cases opened against you have been closed without a seller resolution

Below Standard:

• Your defect rate has gone above 5%, or more than 0.3% of eBay or PayPal Money Back Guarantee cases opened against you have been closed without a seller resolution
  • Your listings will receive lower search placement, and you may have a selling limit placed on your account

Learn more about how to improve seller performance.

You can find your current seller performance level, as well as your projected performance level for the next evaluation period, in your seller dashboard. Your seller dashboard also shows how you're performing with your domestic and international customers.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

This is from the .com site.

Here is the section I am referring to which you sent me earlier:

"Grace period

If you fall below the sales and tracking requirements for Top Rated Seller status, you may qualify for the Top Rated Seller grace period.During the Top Rated Seller grace period you retain your Top Rated Seller status and benefits. You have 2 evaluation cycles to get your transaction count, sales amount, or tracking requirements back to minimum program requirements.

You're only eligible for the Top Rated Seller grace period when:

• You've been a Top Rated Seller for the last 3 (or more) consecutive months immediately preceding evaluation; and

• You meet all of the performance standards of the Top Rated program for defect rate and cases closed without seller resolution.

If you don't meet sales and tracking requirements and performance standards after the grace period ends, you lose your Top Rated Seller status and benefits."

I know this is for evaluations PRIOR to the 2/20/16 update.  Will this STILL apply for the NEW guidelines also? I want to know if on 2/20/16 I will lose my TRS because my late shipping percentage is 3.14%? Or do I get the 30 days to get the number back down under 3%?

That just refers to not having enough sales for TRS and/or not uploading tracking within your handling time. I haven't seen anything about this relating to the late shipment rate.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree, it doesn't say that the seller will keep TRS, just that they will be kept above standard.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply