anything to do about an unpaid item being recorded on your account when the seller would not ship to po box so paymet couldn't be made

tiffanyhetenyi
Community Member

I went to buy an item and I checked that the seller shipped to Canada.  And I put in my postal code, but when I went to pay for the item, I couldn't because the seller did not ship to P.O. Boxes, I tried a few times, and I don't have another mailing address.  The seller did not contact me but opened an unpaid item case which closed within 3 days, which I didn't have internet access for a few days.  So, Now I have an unpaid item recorded on my account, is there anything to do about this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

anything to do about an unpaid item being recorded on your account when the seller would not ship to po box so paymet couldn't be made

No.  You say the seller did not contact you, -- did you contact the seller?  Quite often sellers will state that they don't ship to PO boxes, -- it's surprising, in a way, because those are usually 'safer' than street addresses.  In future it might be a good idea to ask in advance.  Sellers get a lot of 'unpaid' cases and are disinclined to want to listen to a lot of excuses after the fact, but if you ascertain ahead of time that the seller will ship to you, it should be okay.

So just be absolutely sure you do not get another strike.  When you see an item you like, just below the bid/buy button it says Add to watch list.  Click that.  It stores appealing listings in your own cache, - saves them for months, even after they've ended.  You access it from the My eBay at the top of the page, or the column on the left.  Then make sure you will have no mishaps to impede your ability to pay when you bid or buy.

Most sellers auto-block people with 2 or more strikes, and strikes last a year.  So if you never get another, you should be okay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Definitely should have contacted seller and explained the paying issue. An invoice may have resolved and you could have given a physical address by email. The alternative was a cancel transaction on seller's part.

It really pays to read listings carefully as listing clearly states that seller will not use USPS and UPS cannot accept PO addresses.

As dmil stated .. be sure to avoid a second strike in the next 12 months or your buying will be severely restricted.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It takes at least 4 days from when a case is filed before it can be closed and a strike issued. Maybe you didn't see if the first day it was filed and so when it closed, it was 3 days from when you noticed you had it.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply