as a seller ...why must I pay a final shipping fee on eBay ?

SO this makes no sense to me!!!

As part of my eBay fees which include: a store subscription fee, a final value fee AND  a Final Value Fee on Shipping!!! **bleep**!!!  I pay an additional fee for the shipping charge? WHY?? PayPal takes a cut when the buyer pays already!!! THIS IS INSANE.... for example ......

I sold a doll for $26.00 CANADIAN. and ended up  I paid C $2.34  final value  AND C $1.53 for the shipping final value  that's nearly 4 bucks of fees just with eBay!  PLUS PayPal took their cut and that's another few bucks so now I am short on the shipping and  have to pay that extra that PayPal took for the shipping to make it up... only for eBay to scam another 2 bucks out of the shipping (which I only ever charge exact amount to buyers address) so now I'm left with getting LESS then 20 bucks CAN out of 26.00 ! somehow that shipping fee seems like I'm being scammed by eBay ....and  then they have now upped there cut from 9..to 9.15(?) percent!!!!!!!!

I guess I need to know why I'm paying that fee on shipping because I'm seriously ready to end my relationship with eBAY!!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: as a seller ...why must I pay a final shipping fee on...

I spent the whole day learning the 'subscription in bulk' method, I am selling comics mostly, so I go onto Canada Post and try my best to get the shipping as low as I can. It seems that I can but I would have to send the comics without the two pieces of thick card board to help protect the item. So, I have been paying for a few from my profits so that I do not get bad feedback for a damaged item. So, I thought $7.75 would suffice, but as you say, I did not account for the materials like the bubble mailer, I used the larger ones because you can barely fit one comic in the 11 x 9 ones...I just sent one away and it cost me $20.25, and the last one was $14.xx, the comic was a bit thicker but wow, only charging was the eBay ticker says I am either out $5 or almost even...that is without the cost to me to ship.

It is getting to where you take a hit on your items value (subjective of course and the going rate) or the 'hit and miss' prices with shipping?

The only winners are the post office and this company with an 'e'! The game goes on I guess!

I see some people use Amazon as their 'inventory' but they are getting careless as Amazon's stock may run out and people are bidding on their items and they get a refund due to 'not in stock'!!

Lots of work, but if you can make $1 hey why not??!!

My issue is no one is leaving feedback when I do, I think I figured out the game and/or power trip...do not leave feedback unless feedback given to you seems to be the new thing...not fair at all...

One recent buyer wanted me to put more up for auction, yeah, he got some expensive comics for cheap...okay it happens but now he quit altogether communicating - paid promptly (thanks) - but is made because he cannot get $40 and up comics for the low $ that he did and now I get no feedback? Just sucks that this policy does not help me increase my rating...hoping for competition with this site just not fair lots of loop holes that need to be set back to 'do the right thing'!
Message 21 of 21
latest reply