Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Holidays - was it worth listing?

There was a post just before the holidays as if to list or not to list. My results: I had sales right up to Sunday December 26 of my regular listings - they repeat all the time. From Monday to today, sold one listing. Not a big deal as the beginning ...

Return Policies

I have had 2 Buyers wanting to return instruments they purchased as gifts over Christma because they were not exactly what they person receiving the gift wanted. My UNWRITTEN policy is to refuse the return and my reasons are many. First, I consider a...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay vs. own website selling

Hi, everyone, new kids on the block. 3 questions: 1) How can we see the US powersellers discussion board? 2) Anyone of you also have your own website selling products and merchant account? How is it compared to ebay? The ebay fees and paypal fees are...

USD

The Canadian dollar has risen about 3 cents this week. This is too much to handle. How do you price something not knowing the exchange rate 6 months from now. Angelo

Online Shipping Tools... Automated Discount?

Hello. I have finally signed up for the online shipping tools. I'm using the online form for the first time... and I *thought* I'd receive a 2% discount. I got to the last screen and the price is the same as when I normally ship. I take it the automa...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Picture Manager Upload Error

Hello: I am new to the boards and I have a question if someone could possibly help me. I am trying to upload new pictures into the E-Bay Picture Manager but every time I do I keep getting an error "MEFB003". I am not doing anything different than I h...

Comic books wanted for CASH

If anyone out there (particularly in ontario) has any comic books they want to sell, please drop me a line at rkalpe337@rogers.com ...thank you for your time...cheers richard

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

My buyer died - how to file UID?

I'm informed by a reliable, mutual friend that my buyer died suddenly and unexpectedly. I don't see any way to let eBay know that - it's not one of the list of reasons for filing a UID. He's obviously not going to reply to eBay's email if I file a mu...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Reporting infractions

I am trying to find out as much information as I can about reporting infractions to ebay. Someone has decided I'm "it" and I find myself defending myself against report after report. I am waiting to hear from Safe Harbour. Apparently you can't phone ...

QUESTION re: Shipping packages from the USA

Hi - just a quick question. from reading the discussions many of you ship your parcels from the USA. Considering the ever increasing postal rates here I'm wondering if it is worth my while to drive to Buffalo once a week and ship from there. for cros...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

What can we do as a community to help Tsunami victims?

I'm sure you are all as shocked as I by recent events in Asia. As of the 6 o'clock news today, Canadians have donated $3million to the Red Cross to help victims of Sundays tsunami. The Red Cross is now encouraging community groups to raise $$ for the...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Re-Listing a Sold Item

Why can I no longer repeat a fixed price listing (or any other) by choosing relist when I view the item. All I get now is a blue bar telling me my item has sold, the price, and the buyer's Postal Code. It seems the choice to "sell similar" or "relist...

Late payment after NPB closed & Neg left

Oh such a sad day when I opened that envelope and saw a money order!! Instead of a smile-a frown! The auction ended Nov 25 & 28 (two items) and no money order arrived. On Dec 17th finally an email saying she would send money that day. Christmas came ...

Perennial PayPal problems

Hello all, Could someone please tell me PayPal's toll free talk to a human number? Yesterday (Jan. 3) my partner attempted to take money out of our PayPal account using a bank machine in New Brunswick Canada. It limited her to $300.00. Today I tried ...

From Psycho the Elf – My Own Christmas Neg

I mentioned this guy in an earlier thread. Because a competitive bidder had withdrawn a higher bid prior to the auction’s conclusion he thought that I should withdraw a lower bid after the auction’s end. I’ve just now realized that he’s a genuine cli...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

What the point of becoming a Platinum Powerseller?

I have recently read up on the requirements for becoming a powerseller, right now as a gold powerseller we aim to be platinum next. The problem I am seeing is that I don't understand the benefits of moving up a tier. The small chart on the powerselle...

Anyone in Ottawa ship parcels from US?

HI, I have been asked by an ebayer to post a request here. He is looking for someone to take his parcels (books) across the border and ship them from Ogdensburg. He was a powerseller, but has not been very busy the last few months and has not done en...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Season gifts

Any comments, ideas, or suggustions for gidt for the season for mailman and ups driver? Angelo

My 8th Anniversary on eBay

My, the time's gone by! Hard to believe I've been on eBay for 8 years as of today. Despite the odd glitch, it's been a terrific experience. Back then, as a stamp dealer, I could do a title and description search on "cover", and review them all in abo...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

"Simply Accounting"...WHICH ONE?

Hi People, Looking for a good accounting program and heard that "Simply Accounting" was one of the best. 95% ++ of my sales are to the U.S. So which version am I looking for? Am I still looking at the "Canadian" version? If so, what kind of prices sh...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Live 2005

Anybody going to ebay Live in San Jose this year. DH and I are considering it. Great write-off vacation in California! Just wondering about other Canadian PSer's. Monique

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

AHHH !!! I'm getting Christmas NEGATIVES !!!!!

If I hear one more friggin angry customer yelling at me because their purchase hasn't arrived yet I'm going to lose it. I've gotten at least 10 negatives this Christmas because my email screwed up and sent 40% of all payment notification emails from ...

Anyone else get screwed by PayPal??

I recently had 2 cases that I had filed with PayPal, under the 'Buyers Protection Program'. In both cases I was the buyer and the seller was found at fault. Also, in both cases I was notified by PayPal that they were unable to recover any of my losse...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this FB Extortion?

In a different thread, I posted how I anticipated getting a neg from a Buyer and I did in fact get the neg. In turn, I left him a neg. I then emailed the buyer and said that eBay had a mechanism for mutual withdrawl if he was interested in participat...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay removed listings - please read !

Ebay removed 14 of my listings, they thought someone else did the listings (identity theft or whatever). This happend on the 10c listing day at 9.00 pm. I was lucky to see that before the 10c day was over and listed the items again, after I waited fo...

Yippee, paypal save us 0.50!

got the following when I signed on to paypal: Save money on your next bank withdrawal. Now, when you withdraw $150.00 CAD CAD or more, you won’t have to pay a withdrawal fee! Withdrawals of less than $150.00 CAD will continue to incur a nominal fee o...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.