buyer made claim 8.5 years later and paypal took my money

I sell on Ebay for 13 years, never problem. Now I get email from paypal, they investigating unauthorized account acvtivities and they hold my money 8.5 years later. I do not accept CC, everyone pay with paypal, so if they purchased, they pay. I have no way to know their account info, so how I could make it fraud??? Yet, Paypal is investigating, I have no longer any info about shipment, and I also know, buyer has 45 days to make it claim, but Paypal told me, when is fraud, there is no limit. If I would not ship, or if it get lost, that is not fraud, I would have to use some info on buyers account, so that would be fraud, so I can't understand what is Paypal doing in my case. I guess, anyone could make it claim agains anyone, he made purchase from in the past??? How this works??? What happen to 45 days???? Anyone could explain???

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

buyer made claim 8.5 years later and paypal took my money

@glassbuttons*bohemia wrote:

I sell on Ebay for 13 years, never problem. Now I get email from paypal, they investigating unauthorized account acvtivities and they hold my money 8.5 years later. I do not accept CC, everyone pay with paypal, so if they purchased, they pay. I have no way to know their account info, so how I could make it fraud??? Yet, Paypal is investigating, I have no longer any info about shipment, and I also know, buyer has 45 days to make it claim, but Paypal told me, when is fraud, there is no limit. If I would not ship, or if it get lost, that is not fraud, I would have to use some info on buyers account, so that would be fraud, so I can't understand what is Paypal doing in my case. I guess, anyone could make it claim agains anyone, he made purchase from in the past??? How this works??? What happen to 45 days???? Anyone could explain???

Did you check to make sure the email was really from paypal? And did not click on any links in the email. Suspicious emails can be sent to spoof@paypal.com

As for the transaction, paypal should still (even at 8.5 years) have the transaction info in your history section.

If you accept paypal you are also (indirectly) accepting credit cards through paypal.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply