buyers with 0 feedback

ebay need to add restrictions for  buyers with 0 feedback?

Many times they dont know what to do and how to use ebay.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: buyers with 0 feedback

new buyers need to start somewhere

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

we were  all new at one time,it is good to buy on ebay for awhile b4 selling.tho.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

So they overpay for items that are really easy to find. As a seller, that sounds like a Win for me!

If you really want to reduce your chances of getting one of these little cherries, you can set your Seller Preferences to Block bidders who don't have an active Paypal account.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Good morning. I've had a couple of newbies that I've had to take in hand and explain the workings of eBay to (like PLEASE don't purchase and pay for six items individually and  make me refund shipping on five of them). Now they're regular customers and I DO like regular customers. As has been said, we all have to start somewhere. My first purchases and sales on eBay were photography equipment and it was scary, even though eBay was a little simpler back then. Al 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

I remember my first purchase. I had a very nice seller who helped me though the transaction 🙂

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I love 0 FB/newbie buyers -- if you treat them well and patiently help them out the first time, they tend to return to buy again from you! 

After all, if a new buyer is nervous about that first purchase and a seller helps to walk him/her through it, the first impression of eBay will be a good one.  I always remember how well I was treated by the first seller I dealt with, and as a result became a repeat customer for years.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I totally agree, I have had "0" feedback buyers that have turned into "25" feedback buyers with almost all being RICARMIC sales!!!!

(My feedback for "0" folks always starts with "Welcome to eBay.... and then my standard feedback line.....)

I'm also happy to see some new, "0" feedback buyers that have created their eBay id on or after the dreaded May date of the eBay hack/breach announcement..... so at least it hasn't stopped some people from still joining eBayland!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply