changing post services after item is sold

My costumer doesn't want me to send my item with a service I am offering but he already bought the item can I change the item settings in current state?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Could you please rewrite your question:

What was sold under what exact terms, how much shipping charge was shown in your listings and what - exactly - is your buyer asking you to do? and where is your buyer located?

I see only one item you have sold so far and your listing shows free shipping within Canada by Fed-Ex!!  Why would you ever consider spending that much money on one of the most expensive shipping method?  What is wrong with Canada Post used by most Canadian eBay sellers?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can't change the listing if the item has been purchased but you can change the amount on the invoice if they haven't paid yet.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can't charge the customer more than you advertised for shipping.

You can upgrade the shipping service at no extra charge. Sellers do this when they want to use a tracked service for their own protection.

If your buyer wants an upgraded shipping service, let her know the cost. Usually she will back down.

With your buyer's permission, you can upgrade the shipping service and bill him through Paypal's Send Money service. For example, if the buyer wants overnight shipping and you planned to use Regular Parcel with an estimated seven to ten day delivery window.

You would be foolish to agree to ship by a cheaper, non-tracked service at the buyer's request . This is almost always a scam that ends with an "Item Not Received" dispute and a forced refund.

You can refund an inadvertent overcharge using Paypal's Send Money service.

You can, but shouldn't, downgrade the shipping service because you inadvertently undercharged for the advertised service. Your buyer will be angry and Report you. Nevermind the feedback.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'evgenysller1',

<<My costumer doesn't want me to send my item with a service I am offering but he already bought the item

can I change the item settings in current state?>>

Is your buyer in the US?  If so, he sees a shipping fee of  $19.23 Cdn or  $14.43 USD for Fed-Ex on what 

appears to be a comparatively small item.  State-to-state shipping is quite inexpensive via the postal service,

so you can understand how he would like to reduce his costs.

Can you not see your way to sending it tracked through Canada Post?  

If you were able to send it through the post and pass a bit of savings on to your buyer, he would doubtless be 

delighted to get a bit of his shipping fee refunded.  You said he "bought" it, -- that means paid, right?  

If he has not yet paid, you can send an adjusted invoice.  If he has paid, you can Refund the difference.

Either way, you'll want to do something quickly because if he has paid he will expect it to be on its way.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply