customer bought two items and paid buts wants only one.

one customer bought one item from me and did not complete checkout and did not pay. I waited for two days and sent him message that I will ship item within two days of receiving cleared payment. He did not respond to my message but paid for item he bought and also bought another of the same item and paid for that separately. These are two different transactions. So I shipped him one and sent him message that if he made second payment by mistake I can refund his money. He did not respond. After waiting couple of days, I shipped him second item too as I had received the cleared the payment and I need to ship within two days of receiving cleared payment as mentioned in my listing. Both tracking numbers were automatically sent to customer by canada post. Now he sent me a message that he paid for second item by mistake.

What should I do ? Any help will be appreciated. I made nothing in this transaction as customer is located in remote part of Canada and I had "free shipping" so much of the money was spent towards shipping cost.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

So the buyer, relatively new to eBay based on the low feedback rating, made a mistake, got confused by the messages and purchased and paid for two paintball vests.

I suggest you advise him to refuse delivery of the second package and have him instruct the postal office to "return to sender".  Upon receipt, you will refund the second purchase.

Yes, it may cost you a few dollars.  That is the cost of doing business.

For future reference, please give buyers a full four days from date of purchase (when you presumably sent an invoice) before communicating further with them.  Sometimes too much communications may lead to confusion.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

thanks a lot. great answer, although i will lose money but never mind, will take it , and learn from this. thanks again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Do you know if customer does not accept item and it is returned to sender, does canada post charge shipper extra for the return ?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Technically, Canada Post should charge you return postage, equal to the original postage you paid.

However, in practice, I have seen many parcels returned without Canada Post charging for the return.

You will find out when you receive the parcel back.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually very rare do they charge for the return postage which they did to me with a huge thin package like 40x40 inches from Florida. It came back (3 months later!!!!) with a torn shipping label only with my return address and nothing else. Since then I put lots of tape covering the shipping label expect UPC code.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply