defrauded for 3200

Hello,

I just wanted to warn those sellers who use virtual terminal, I had used virtual terminal to process an order for a customer but I unknowingly put in the information from a credit card that did not belong to the customer, He ordered several hight ticket items 2 times before I realized this, I have no protection accoring to paypal for this as I submitted the information myself, I just wanted to let everyone know to be very carefull when using virtual terminal.

Red
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

defrauded for 3200

Sorry to hear about that & Thanks for the heads up.

Damn all those scam artist, dishonest buyer and sellers out there!

I got pulled a fast one by a young kid last week going to Ryerson university 😞

University student is not what they used to be.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

Sorry to hear that.

We get one of those just about every week (by email).

I then run an IP check, geo IP verification, and AVS card verification on those.

Almost all turn out to originate from Nigeria with stolen credit card #'s.

B.T.W. you also don't have protection if the payment is initiated outside of VT if the credit card is stolen/misused.

I have our VT set to some stringent security requirements, including CCV being mandatory.

So far, zero CC chargebacks over the years. Not that we are immune lol.

Bernie
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

Were you covered by insurance through your shipper?

Canada Post will insure many parcels up to $5000 against non-delivery or damage.

Worth a try...
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

Were you covered by insurance through your shipper?

Canada Post will insure many parcels up to $5000 against non-delivery or damage.

Worth a try...

As there was no damage or non-delivery, that would be insurance fraud.
If you can't beat em, join em?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

Was it delivered to the person who owned the card?
Was it delivered at all?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

Yes I would agree, I also looked into it they don`t cover fraud.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

Hello, yes I did look into this Canada Post will not cover fraud even though it was insured for damage or lost. It was not delivered to the credit card holders address I was told that it was a gift. and the product was picked up at the post office, thanks for the information though.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

Hi, this was from Canada, this guy was so brazen we even spoke to him on the phone, he got us. The RCMP is looking into it but I hardly doubt anything will be done, I even shipped it xpresspost with full insurance though auctiva valued at 2000, I noticed he did not pick up his watch from the tracking information and I was dumb enough to email and tell him his watch was waiting form him at the post office. I feel really dumb rite now.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

defrauded for 3200

jakeeangel
Community Member
Was it delivered to the person who owned the card?
Was it delivered at all?

And why do you think things have to be delivered to the cardholder? People often buy gifts and have them sent directly to the recipient. Purchases don't have to go to the card owner.

Of course it was delivered! Do you think the theif would have it sent somewhere they couldn't get their hands on the merchandise? That's laughable.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply