eBay Announces Kijiji: Please let us know your feedback here

carly@ebay.com
Community Member
eBay Launches International Classifieds Websites

We would like to announce our launch of online classifieds Web sites in select international markets. Launched under the brand Kijiji, which means “village” in Swahili, the Web sites offer people in the same city a convenient way to meet, have fun, share ideas, and trade various goods and services.

Kijiji is now available in more than 50 cities in Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan. In Canada, Kijiji is available in French only in Montreal and Quebec City. From building friendships and trading large appliances to talking about the city’s best restaurants or looking for a babysitter, Kijiji is designed to help people connect.

We encourage you to visit the Kijiji site, post a classified, and tell us what your experience has been. Is it easy to use? Do you like the site? Would you use Kijiji?

Kijiji

eBay Pink, Kitty will be reading this thread and answering your questions.

Regards,
Carly
Message 1 of 295
latest reply
294 REPLIES 294

You can search in any Province,but not one search will cover Canada. Its something different.....more traffic,more sales,thats gotta be good.eh
Message 141 of 295
latest reply

grade_a_consignments
Community Member
I looked at kijiji once but it became quickly apparent that if you do not live in one of those 50 Canadian cities, it's not for you. .

Ralph
Message 142 of 295
latest reply

fastmir
Community Member
J'aimerais savoir si vous prévoyez ajouter d'autres villes francophones au Nouveau-brunswick.
Message 143 of 295
latest reply

althetoys
Community Member
hi......I have an interesting situation..........I posted an add for a car I am selling and just received an E mail to me that was supposedly sent by me and it say to the effect that I sold the car soon after it was listed. This is not the case and I am concerned how this message was sent and by whom. Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be corrected?
Message 144 of 295
latest reply

honestabewomen
Community Member
I use it several times in Kingston Ontario for my garage sales and things to sell, have several adds on there now. have had replies, I think it's super for this district.
Message 145 of 295
latest reply

honestabewomen
Community Member
I use it several times in Kingston Ontario for my garage sales and things to sell, have several adds on there now. have had replies, I think it's super for this district.
Message 146 of 295
latest reply

imagination_lighted
Community Member
I found listing very easy. Pictures aren't a pain.
But....
I have had no inquiries...
There is no option for tracking/watchers.
Many of the ads are repeated by the sellers, every few days to keep the ad current so it doesn't get buried.
Bad though for two reasons. Once your off of page 2/3 your basically gone. And if you are surfing thru, you find duplicates ads.
Searching is difficult and damned if I can spell the name, lol!
Message 147 of 295
latest reply

imagination_lighted
Community Member
oh and we're based in Ottawa. Most of my friends have tried it and felt the same.
Message 148 of 295
latest reply

imagination_lighted
Community Member
Just curious, why did ebay decide to branch out to classifieds?
Message 149 of 295
latest reply

bambina531
Community Member
I have used Kijiji a couple of times, and have bought and sold items. It seems to work fairly well. One thing I have found is that it takes AGES to get a response. Part of the problem, which has happened to me a few times, is that when I reply to an ad, the message gets filtered into the lister's junk mail box and it takes days for them to find it (if they ever do). Maybe eBay can work on this.

I too find it frustrating that many people re-post their ads every couple days to stay on page one or two... but how can you blame them, I've done the same thing. However, it's very easy (and considerate) to remove the old ad(s) so there's really no reason that there has to be duplicates!

Overall, I like it... that is, except for the ad I recently saw; "WANTED: Erotic Massage for Married Man 1-2 Times a Week - Will Pay Generously". Gross! I personally don't want to connect with those types in my community.
Message 150 of 295
latest reply

spookilyookily
Community Member
I bought my last car through Kijiji.

Sold one, too.

Got rid of a few things, furniture, broken XBOX (they knew it was, they just grabbed it for parts)/bought a new XBOX, advertised a garage sale which most of the "I saw it on the web" people told me was on Kijiji...I absolutely love it as an alternative for local things 🙂
Message 151 of 295
latest reply

spookilyookily
Community Member
BTW, that erotic massage thingy, you can report it. On each listing is an option:

Flag this ad as:
Spam
Offensive
Miscategorized
No longer current
Report illegal/infringing Ad

:)
Message 152 of 295
latest reply

thetickletrunk
Community Member
Do enough people know about Kijiji to make it worth selling on there for my area? I'll give it a try.

I wonder if eBay.ca could give us some stats on the whereabouts of its registered users.

----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 153 of 295
latest reply

spookilyookily
Community Member
I think it's what eBay used to be like WAY WAY WAY back when; a HUGE garage sale 😉

If you have something too big to ship and would like to try it locally, go for it 🙂
Message 154 of 295
latest reply

thetickletrunk
Community Member
Thank you, Great! I will try a few large 'pickup' only items. :)

----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 155 of 295
latest reply

spookilyookily
Community Member
best of all

it's

FREE
Message 156 of 295
latest reply

I am in London, Ontario and think that Kijiji is great. Have sold several items and with no shipping charges the items are more attractive to the buyer. Have never allowed pick-up from my house, usually meet at a mutually agreed location. The buyer gets to inspect the product before he pays, so everyone leaves happy.
Message 157 of 295
latest reply

serrebro
Community Member
Hi! i live in Ac. and i have read some comment that the site is french! A great majority of people living in Ac. are bilingual. So, do not fear! write your items in english, if it is wanted they will communicate with you. We in Quebec, are used of having a lot of trans-in from all around the world. we live in a very popular region, Why? in the fall because of it's changing colours, winter for skiing, summer for it's great lakes and river. So go a head and post. have a nice day. take care. bonne journee.
Sur ebay je suis serrebro. je vend un peux de tout. vous pouvez voir mon, ME. et mes REVIEWs. et ma page personnel, et mon magasin (store) c'est important de se faire connaître. bonne chance a tous les vendeurs et acheteurs sur eBay.ca... mais surtout ayez beaucoup de plaisir.
My space: http:spaces.msn.com/members/antiquetranquille
Message 158 of 295
latest reply

winham1979
Community Member
Have used Kijiji several times including selling my Motorcycle have been very satisfied. Have had no problems.

William
Message 159 of 295
latest reply

picklesgal123
Community Member
Kijiji works great! I just bought a dog off there!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Vote for Pickles!Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket
Message 160 of 295
latest reply