eBay Announces Kijiji: Please let us know your feedback here

carly@ebay.com
Community Member
eBay Launches International Classifieds Websites

We would like to announce our launch of online classifieds Web sites in select international markets. Launched under the brand Kijiji, which means “village” in Swahili, the Web sites offer people in the same city a convenient way to meet, have fun, share ideas, and trade various goods and services.

Kijiji is now available in more than 50 cities in Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan. In Canada, Kijiji is available in French only in Montreal and Quebec City. From building friendships and trading large appliances to talking about the city’s best restaurants or looking for a babysitter, Kijiji is designed to help people connect.

We encourage you to visit the Kijiji site, post a classified, and tell us what your experience has been. Is it easy to use? Do you like the site? Would you use Kijiji?

Kijiji

eBay Pink, Kitty will be reading this thread and answering your questions.

Regards,
Carly
Message 1 of 295
latest reply
294 REPLIES 294

kijiji posts in english in Vancouver here on the wet coast. I've posted a couple of ads there, one was a " searching for employment " ad and it got one answer which is pretty good as I work in a pretty esoteric profession. One other was selling a loose diamond, it has gotten no answers so far. I think that the categorization could use a little fine tuning but it seems to work so far.
Message 241 of 295
latest reply

ecoseeds
Community Member
Carly, my favorite ebay pink.

Message 242 of 295
latest reply

1825ross
Community Member
1825Ross Ive used and like kijji.ca It"s better than Ebay.ca at least we have Canadian buyers and sellers,We don't have to pay for customs broker.And nine times out ten you can get it in a couple of days instead of weeks. I just wish we had more Tracker parts available here.
Message 243 of 295
latest reply

strongwoman1998
Community Member
I like Kijiji.
It brings your city together, and allows for local pick-up on large or bulky items.
I would like to be able to post an add in multiple catagories and multiple cities in one shot.
Also, paypal should consider pairing up here too!
Message 244 of 295
latest reply

thetickletrunk
Community Member
Kijiji is really catching on, I'm finding people using it as much as eBay here. I'd like to search in multiple cities at once too! Things like boats, I'd be willing to drive several hours so it would be faster to have a search in the entire province if a buyer selected that.
----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 245 of 295
latest reply

strongwoman1998
Community Member
Yes, and Advanced Search option should be available...
I agree.
Message 246 of 295
latest reply

For a different perspective:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/080404/tech01.html?.v=1 .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 247 of 295
latest reply

simonzwaan
Community Member
I like this website cause it's local
but you guys need to advertise it more
and make "kijiji's" for more towns.
and there should be a paypal payment option
and possibly shipping.
Message 248 of 295
latest reply

If you want to use Paypal and have your purchase shipped their is a place called ebay that you could try;-)
Message 249 of 295
latest reply

flareau
Community Member
Kijiji's customer support sucks. Period.
Message 250 of 295
latest reply

suncreations41
Community Member
I have used kijiji for over a year it IS in English when I put my ads in London, Ontario. The only problem I find is that you get 10 emails saying they are interested in your stuff and then they don't show up when you arrange a meeting with the buyer,they don't have enough courtesy to call and rearrange another time,etc. I am not going to sit around the house all day waiting for someone to show up. Just stick to selling on ebay. It is safer, don't have to woory about being jumped by some psycho, or wasting the day at home waiting around for a no show. Kijiji should change to be able to accept paypal. Much safer and convenient.
Message 251 of 295
latest reply

lmaysk
Community Member
Sounds like some people are trying to make kijiji into a duplicate of ebay, with Papyal and shipping. The whole point of kijiji is for selling locally to people who would like to see the item they are buying before they hand over their money.
Message 252 of 295
latest reply

sherrison-ads
Community Member
Just sold a truck tool box 3 day ago 150 bux, the guy came when he said he was coming, and he was totally sane and not psyco !!

Message 253 of 295
latest reply

ve3ega
Community Member
Personally, I think it is a LOWER QUALITY version of eBay!

Maintaining a 'higher standard site' like eBay should be the priority of the eBay Marketing Team (concentrating on higher quality!!) - leaving 'Kajiji' to anyone that wants to quickly advertise their unwanted low-cost-items!

EBay has a reputation to maintain - Kijiji hasnt!!!
Message 254 of 295
latest reply

lmaysk
Community Member
Every time ebay comes up with a bunch of new rules and restrictions my kijiji sales go way up. I expect sales to really increase when the Paypal Only rules come into effect. I sell quite a few high cost, high quality items on kijiji. Saves a bundle in ebay fees and shipping costs.
Message 255 of 295
latest reply

magic_age
Community Member
I've seen the same basic items on Kijiji as I've seen on ebay - and it makes perfect sense for sellers to move their items to that site rather than put up with ebays carp - the cash and local pick up are huge benefits as well - even better if you have a B&M store.

Why ebay ever came up with a site that doesn't charge fees for doing the same thing is beyond me from a business point of view. As the number of people using it increases, you can be sure that someone, somewhere will be thinking up a hugh list of changes and fees.

I've been contemplating starting up there too, but until my demanding little one is in school I wouldn't even try it. Having traffic in and out of my house is the only downside - for a dozen reasons, arranging to meet somewhere else wouldn't be practical
Message 256 of 295
latest reply

runasics
Community Member
Used kijiji for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Was very happy with transaction. Shipping a 300+ anvil would have been simply crazy.
May I have your attention please
Will the real Slim Shady Bruizer please stand up
We're gonna have a problem here
Cause I'm Slim Shady Bruizer yes I'm the real Shady Bruizer
All you other Slim Shadys Bruizers are just imitating
Photobucket
Message 257 of 295
latest reply

cafiene
Community Member
I like Kijiji, have gotten some great deals there, especially my Wii and the hubby's commuter car. I also use the Bargain Finder and facebook marketplace as well to get deals I simply can't on ebay anymore. For all those pointing out that they post in English, that would be because when this thread started 3 years ago, it was only in French. Photobucket Yes?
Photobucket
Message 258 of 295
latest reply

apollosplace
Community Member
Kijiji is eBay competing with Craig's List

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 259 of 295
latest reply

magic_age
Community Member
true - but when they see it as competition to the ebay site - expect to see changes 😞
Message 260 of 295
latest reply