eBay UK GSP to Canada

Hey guys, 

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what are the possible couriers that are used when an item is being shipped through the UK GSP?

I am aware that the US GSP uses Canpar or Canada Post.

Thanks!  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay UK GSP to Canada

Although the operations a separate to a degree, shipping is under the same overall management and I see no reason to suppose that the final delivery carriers would be different.

I'd expect items under 2 kilos to be Post and over that weight, Parcel.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I've purchased a lot of CD's from U.K. sellers who used G.S.P. so here's what I'd suggest as it's worked a great deal of the time for me. 

Ask politely if they'd be willing to opt out for whatever interests you and send it via Royal Mail. Make sure you tell them what it would cost you otherwise and remember to include the province you live in. You might be surprised.

Many U.K. sellers don't even know they'd been opted in and even if they do they have no way of knowing the rate.

Most would only be too happy to comply and will go the distance to discover the rate for you. You'll save an awful lot of money.

If they refuse it's no loss, you just decide if you're willing to pay that much or find someone else who's more receptive or doesn't use it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Makes a lot of a sense. But I figured, Canpar only has operations in North America so I do not think it will be Canpar. 

There is a possibility of Canada Post(Most likely once the package enters Canada, it will transferred to Xpresspost or Priority)being used but I am not too sure. I was thinking more FedEx or Royal Mail. 

I believe the US GSP uses FedEx Express to ship packages to the Far east and west, so I would assume that is what they would use to ship to Canada.

Like someone stated, GSP is not even worth it( I have had experiences with the US GSP)but I am just curios to what couriers would be making the final delivery.

Thanks for the replies:)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the info!

Do you recall what couriers were making the final delivery?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yup! No courier though. Everything so far has been delivered by Canada Post. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I believe the US GSP uses FedEx Express to ship packages to the Far east and west, so I would assume that is what they would use to ship to Canada.

Air cargo from Heathrow to Canada, Canada Post or Canpar for the Canadian delivery. Royal Mail is not involved.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I see. Makes sense now. 

So I am assuming Canada Post turns that into Xpresspost or Priority? 

Thanks!:)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Usually the class of post used (in Canada) ,or the type of courier delivery in other countries, is the cheapest available. In all cases where I have had details of the actual delivery this has been the case. I can't say this is invariable but I do not know of any cases where anything but the cheapest class was used.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply