***eBay Workshop: Understanding the eBay Store, Tuesday, November 9, 2004. 1:30-2:30 PM ET

carly@ebay.com
Community Member
Host: eBay.ca Seller Development Group

Date: Tuesday, 11/09

Time: 1:30 - 2:30 EDT

Description: A discussion on how eBay members can expand their business with an eBay Store.
eBay Stores are a special part of eBay where individual sellers can show other eBay members all of their listings and tell them more about their business through their own customized pages. Most eBay Stores include Store Inventory items - additional fixed price (Buy It Now) items not available in regular search results and categories on eBay. This means millions of eBay members have access to millions of additional items when they search or browse in eBay Stores.

* Please note: This workshop will not cover the "how to" use various functions of eBay Stores, but will focus on the business strategy of using an eBay Store.

Agenda: Introduction - Three steps to determine if one should open an eBay Store.

Strategy 1 - Reducing your costs to increase margin
Strategy 2 - Direct potential eBay members to your listings
Strategy 3 - Tools to manage your eBay Store

We look forward to your questions (posted here prior to, or during the event) and participation during the workshop.

Regards,
Totsuka
eBay.ca Team
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

***eBay Workshop: Understanding the eBay Store, Tuesday, November 9, 2004. 1:30-2:30 PM ET

kira180b
Community Member
Hi Carly
I am interested in this but will be working. I know I can always read the posts later but maybe we could have one of these on a weekend or early evening?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

sleepin_in
Community Member
Fantacould be stics idea! I am in. I believe this could be a valuble tool to all of us. I'm really looking forward to it. My hat is off to you Tosuka
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

able-wizard1957
Community Member
This is the update from the Selling on eBay board;

"Hello All,

Great to see the enthusiasm and interest in eBay Stores. We will be posting an announcement for the workshop later than Tuesday, November 2 within the Selling on eBay board. Please note that the agenda has been modified to include able-wizard1957's suggestion. We will start the workshop by discussing Three steps to decide if one should open an eBay Store.

We look forward to your questions (prior to, and during the workshop), and participation in the workshop.

Regards,
Totsuka
eBay.ca Team

b.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

robyns_place
Community Member
Would be nice if it was on the weekend. But I work then too. lol. I'm usually on during work so I'll try and sneak in.
----
"Take me as I am or don't take me at all. Just don't hate me for being broken."
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ponyscout
Community Member
Understanding the eBay Store,

Seems to be a problem with searching on ebay.ca for store names or items (for sometime),if you are searching from .com things seem fine,items and name of stores come up in your search with keywords,BUT when searching on ebay.ca with keywords items and names of stores don't appear in any search.ebay is looking into this but sure looks to be a problem for Canadian ebay stores.

thanks,ponyscout.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

According to a recent post from a "pink":

"If you navigate from the stores hub by browsing or searching for stores by name (http://stores.ebay.ca/, http://stores.ebay.com/), you will only find eBay.ca stores on eBay.ca and eBay.com stores on eBay.com.
For that reason, if you are more focused on US exports than Canadian domestic sales, and you don't mind the higher subscription fees, you should open your store on eBay.com.

If you are more focused on the Canadian market, then definitely eBay.ca stores are the better choice"
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

So, can we bump this one ?

Visit my Me page !
Message 8 of 8
latest reply