eBay.com vs eBay .ca

According to your selling experience, which site can have more business ? Cheers.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay.com vs eBay .ca

Both together ... I personally never found a difference but I know most will say .com but I sell on .ca and for the last 4 months about 60-65% of my sales are to the US so I have never really found a difference but Most will proobably say .com as it is the site most people type in and look for stuff although that may have changed sense the GSP program..

You can list on both sites though and do a test run to see what is the best for you ...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

eBay.com vs eBay .ca

If you list on eBay.ca

(1) You can sell in US or Canadian dollars....    US dollars only on .com (??? never had to decide as I always sold in US dollars).

(2) You can use Canada Post directly as your postal service.... listing with Canada Post shipping options actually stated in a listing.

(3) If a Canadian seller sells books,  then it is advantageous to list on eBay.ca.  There is a shipping cap of $4.00 US for listings books on eBay.com.

In contrast on eBay.ca  you can show the exact cost for shipping books, without any shipping cap, as required by eBay on eBay.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some say it is advantageous to list on .ca, while other say .com.... many say no difference

The most important thing is for a seller  to list on the site that fits a sellers selling model.

I sell books... so eBay.ca is for me....I do like to list shipping using the actual Canada Post shipping options..... 

When eBay set the shipping cap for books,  I moved my store from .com to .ca

and did not miss a step in sales...after the move as compared to before the move... 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

eBay.com vs eBay .ca

I don't think that it makes a difference as far as sales go.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply