eBay is now VERY annoying!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually check the eBay.com (US site) daily and it is now becoming very annoying with eBay being so ANNOYING worse than mostiques by popping up those insane pop-ups: "You've been outbid!  Increase bid" and when I see the photo with a cross (saying "remove"), it DOESN'T REMOVE, it only came up that page to bid!!

Whoever "invent" this annoying insane pop-ups should be shot!!  It is very, very, very annoying and an insult to think we would be "frantic" and need to increase bid???!!!

I am sure that many of us made bids to our max and will not re-bid, so we don't need the heck of eBay to remind us!!  And what more those pop-ups for those items that I am outbid have 2 days left, did eBay actually think we are that DUMB to rebid now, I am sure that some of us rather to wait until at the last moment to rebid to win.

So eBay, kindly bug out!  We do watch our bids daily.  We don't need you to tell or remind us.  Thanks.

Another thing is so annoying that eBay actually think we would "share" our bids with our friends??  No way!  I am NOT going to share them with our friends so they can bid on them and I would be outbid or have to bid for more $$$.  Nah!!!

It seems that eBay now seems to be getting insane with those things.  Enough is already enough and work on getting better exposure for us not like this insane annoying things which are worthless and useless.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

marnotom!
Community Member

I find extra-large font size to be annoying.

Just sayin'.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

honeybed has explained that s/he has vision problems.

But honey it is annoying and makes for a hard to read screen. Perhaps you could write your post in the large font you require then reduce the font for actual posting? I used to work with a guy who did that. His working screen could only hold about two words at a time, the font he needed was so large. But his documents were the 11 point font we all used.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This tiny font you are having are annoying, too tiny to read, I don't want having to move to close to the monitor to read any messages.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Femme, are you kidding that you are saying that large font is hard to read?!!  I would think opposite like tiny fonts you are having is hard to read!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I like the big font.............. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

intrepixx
Community Member

Ebay is slowly and continuing down a very slippery slope to where they will have buyers going to Craigslist, UsedVancouver and other online listing alternatives that are FREE to the seller and the buyer.   I recently discovered that Amazon, Newegg and Tigerdirect as well as others are using Ebay which is now trying to force people into using Paypal who has increased their prices.  This whole system is designed to get more out of sellers and the buyers and even then its not without problems.  I just tried to pay a Seller on Ebay using a Visa card with a zero balance owing and Paypal uses a security excuse to prevent payment.  Fact is, Visa has their own client protection which protects the buyers from Sellers who sell something and ship nothing or ship unusable items.  Ebay continues to try and force people into using Paypal who wants your banks account numbers, your social insurance number and anyone who thinks they need that needs to ask themselves why other online retailers like Sears, Home Depot and others don't need anything but a valid credit card and your shipping address.   Time to consider the other online options to Ebay and there are plenty of them although I can buy directly from Amazon, Newegg, Tigerdirect without paying Paypal or Ebay for the privilege or the added problems associated with them.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Honeybed- I believe this font is 12 point. Standard for letters.

Did you know you can change the font on your screen by finding Zoom and clicking? That way you can write in 36 point and your posts will show in a more normal font for the rest of us.

The problem is that with a very large font, I have to keep scrolling back and forth to finish reading a sentence.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply