eBay tape has been listed!

xeposter
Community Member

It looks like 'ebayshippingsupplies' listed some tape!

Lol, it sold out so quickly, that I didn't even see it when it was active...http://www.ebay.ca/itm/eBay-Branded-BOPP-Packaging-Tape-6-Rolls-75-yards-per-roll-/252350245880.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Once again - as stated last week - this product is available to the USA only.  This thread is on eBay-Canada.

Ships to: United States

May not ship to Canada
Message 2 of 46
latest reply

I find it ironic that the listing is using active content (javascript) for the tabbed terms (Payment, Shipping, Returns etc) and by using those sections is repeating what should only be in the listing sections for Payments and Shipping and returns parts of the eBay listing and so. The listing also promotes other items for the seller also against eBay recommendations. The listing is not mobile friendly either based on eBay recommendations. LOL.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Once again - as stated last week - this product is available to the USA only.  This thread is on eBay-Canada.

May not ship to Canada

I do know that the supplies are US only. I am just posting a message that they listed it, that's all. It is ok to do that, right?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 46
latest reply

It is very funny. eBay gets to do whatever they want while the sellers don't...

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 5 of 46
latest reply

@xeposter wrote:

It is very funny. eBay gets to do whatever they want while the sellers don't...

Alex

Ebay owns the site.  Sellers are guests.  Paying guests, but still guests.   

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Ebay owns the site.  Sellers are guests.  Paying guests, but still guests.   

Its Ebays party and they can cry if they want to( coining lyrics from a very bad song) but what about leading by sample. We are always being herded by ebay to what we can or cannot do. They should at least follow their own rules and regulation. My rant for the day. Thank you very muchMan Indifferent

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Is there an advertising discount?

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I find it ironic that the listing is using active content (javascript) for the tabbed terms (Payment, Shipping, Returns etc) and by using those sections is repeating what should only be in the listing sections for Payments and Shipping and returns parts of the eBay listing and so. The listing also promotes other items for the seller also against eBay recommendations. The listing is not mobile friendly either based on eBay recommendations. LOL.

I forgot to mention that the listing has photos in the description. eBay does not recommend photos in the description, especially for mobile.

The listing breaks about every eBay recommendation current and future in the 2016 Spring Seller Update.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

How dare you ask for a advertising discount. Don't you know that ebay has spent a fortune to place Ebay logos on that tape so that when people see the Ebay logo on your package they will rush to Ebay's site in a frenzy and buy buy buy. Its not about them making money, its about them making you money!

Just kidding mccrlmn. Just in case you though I was seriousMan LOL

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

@jersey..authentix wrote:

How dare you ask for a advertising discount. Don't you know that ebay has spent a fortune to place Ebay logos on that tape so that when people see the Ebay logo on your package they will rush to Ebay's site in a frenzy and buy buy buy. Its not about them making money, its about them making you money!

This could be a Dilbert cartoon.   🙂

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

This tape is way overpriced! I get mine for CAD $1.15 per roll at Dollarama. If all their packing supplies are like this, their $25 coupon will be worthless, even in US funds.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

This tape is way overpriced! I get mine for CAD $1.15 per roll at Dollarama. If all their packing supplies are like this, their $25 coupon will be worthless, even in US funds.

It works out to US$2.00 per roll for 75 yards each, which is about 68 meters.  How long are the Dollarama rolls?

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

May not ship to Canada

And its not even available through the GSP.  🙂  

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please inform me if I am wrong, but what is the big deal about this tape?

I think it is butt ugly, to be honest.  As a seller, I prefer clear tape that cannot be seen and as a buyer I often slightly twinge/cringe when I receive a parcel with loud tape.

But I must be wrong? I can't believe how fast this sold? Is this a 'Merica thing?? No offence meant, I am truly head scratching here.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply

I agree.  I think the clear tape is far better for mailing (don't want to confuse the posties)

I buy mine at Costco - Scotch brand pack of 8 rolls for $12.00CDN - each roll is 100 metres

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Its Ebays party and they can cry if they want to( coining lyrics from a very bad song) but

You dissin my girl Lesley Gore?

We can take this to the parking lot, if you got the stones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYJyVEUaC4

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

!!!!!!!!!!

This got so many new replies while I was gone!!!

It looks like everyone answered the questions, so I will just say that I enjoyed reading this Smiley LOL Some of the posts were so funny!

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Right. An effusively maudlin self pity party.  What's not to love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Uo1nNt6LU

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

And of course:  You go Amy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWswdhjQjY

Message 20 of 46
latest reply