global shipping

howjr1
Community Member

I perched two different items on eBay in both cases I had to pay the sellers shipping charges and then the global shipping charge on top of the purchase price. The price of the global shipping increased the cost of the items to olmost the original item price. I also see global shipping say it can't apply if the item is shipped to a PO box still had to pay both shipping charges. I think this may be my last eBay purchase.

I purchased two different items on eBay and the venders charged me shipping charges and then global shipping charged me.

i had items shipped to my PO box as we live in the country and I see in global shipping contract they say if sent to PO box they can't 

apply charges but they still charged me. I feel I have been ripped off by global shipping 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

global shipping

marnotom!
Community Member

Given how (sometimes poorly) automated eBay is, I'm not sure how you'd expect the software used by the Global Shipping Program to recognize that your address is a post office box.

In addition, the terms don't say that the charges "don't apply" if the item is sent to a P.O. box but, rather, that you're not supposed to use a P.O. box as your shipping address.  Quite a different animal.

The reason why the Global Shipping Program terms don't allow buyers to use P.O. boxes is because the item isn't always delivered by the post office.  Having said that, in Canada, the post office is often contracted to deliver items from the Canadian receiving hub and the buyer and there's a chance your items may get through and reach you anyway.  I'd give the items about three weeks to reach you and if they haven't, file claims of non-delivery to recover your funds.

As for your concerns that the Global Shipping Program charges are expensive, that's true, given that you're paying for two sets of shipping charges.  The first charge is what the seller charges to ship the item to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky, and the second charge is what PitneyBowes (administrators of the GSP) charges to have the item shipped from Kentucky to you.  Having said that, items that are shipped directly through the postal system can be more expensive than the item price, too.  It's the nature of purchasing from outside of the country.  It's just that sellers have more control over how much they charge for shipping directly to Canada and tweak with their listings accordingly.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

global shipping

PO boxes are are OK for Canada.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply