how can a seller post a article for sale take your money, then says they sold article elsewhere?

I bought a ring from a canadian seller, they took my money then told me ring was sold on another site----I want my money back-this reeks of scam

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

how can a seller post a article for sale take your money, then says they sold article elsewhere?

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'cheyenne...',

A scam?  Is that what it reeks of? 

From where I sit, sniffing, it reeks newbie incompetence.  Smiley Happy

I don't for an instant believe it was sold on another site, but maybe.  I suppose it

could have been.  It looks more to me like the seller did not know how to set up

her listings.  A gold ring on a 1-day duration with a 99 cent start bid?

Tut-tut, very foolish.

Well, you've done all you can to squash her selling career.  You say you paid with Visa,

fine, so in your regular email you should have a notice from paypal that says

"Your payment has been refunded..."

Yes, you paid with Visa, but at the checkout the payment was processed by paypal, and

thus you will have a similar earlier receipt announcing your payment to the seller.

When the seller refunds you, she uses the Refund link in her paypal account.  The instant

she does that, you get the notice of refund in your regular email.

The actual money may take a few days to show up on your card again.

You can call the 1-800 number for your card to hear recent transactions, and wait to hear

of its return.

If you do not yet have that paypal refund notice, and the little blue dollar sign beside the item

in your Purchase History does not have the 'reverse' arrow, then you will want to contact

the seller and very politely and kindly explain that your overwhelming disappointment at not

getting the item caused you to over-react briefly, -- and tell her that if she has indeed sold the

ring elsewhere you will need to be refunded straight away.

Explain that she simply needs to use the Refund link in her paypal account to put things right.

Then, once she has refunded you and you have had time to ponder the insignificance of it all,

perhaps you would be willing to revise your feedback.  It will make you look a lot nicer if you do.

Just tell her you would agree to a Feedback Revision if she wished to send it. 

(And do the kind thing and change it).  After all, infuriating as it seems to have been to you,

new people always make mistakes and rarely ever intend to annoy others.

Best of luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply