An interesting experiment

I have a lot of transactions that I have not received feedback for. I decided to check on the feedback totals of a lot of them and then "Feedback left for others".

The majority had never left feedback or just a few, some with quite a high feedback total, one almost 5000 had never left any. I guess now it's not surprising that so many of mine are missing.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Looking at your feedback, you are doing quite good.  Much better than the average as a matter of fact.

Over the years you have given 25,350 feedback and received 21,284 for a percentage of 83.4%.  That is truly outstanding.

Many sellers complain they only get 50% of buyers to leave feedback.

While the average has slipped a bit this year, it is still very respectable.

It is the same old question:

Is the glass half empty or half full?

I see it as half full and so should you! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The Truth (Discworld, #25)The Truth by Terry Pratchett

“There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world.
There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full.
And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty.

The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! Who's been pinching my beer?

And at the other end of the bar the world is full of the other type of person, who has a broken glass, or a glass that has been carelessly knocked over (usually by one of the people calling for a larger glass) or who had no glass at all, because he was at the back of the crowd and had failed to catch the barman's eye. ”

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm not complaining Pierre, I was just wondering if some of the buyers who hadn't left feedback had just not left it for me. So I thought I would check and see if they had left it for others. When I mail china, I like to know that it arrived in one piece, so I am usually looking for the feedback, otherwise it is not a problem, just nice to know if people were happy with their purchase.

One question I have had about feedback since the defects is if the amount of feedbacks affect your defect rating score. I have not had a defect or low rating for a few month, but each 20th of the month, my defect rating score goes up a little, sometimes it goes down a bit after a few feedbacks, but it is always a upward trend, and I don't know why that is.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"sometimes it goes down a bit after a few feedbacks, but it is always a upward trend, and I don't know why that is."

I am not sure but I think the "defect" percentage is based on transactions over a specific period of time (30 days). 

So every day most recent transactions are added and those 31 days away are dropped. The change in percentage may have nothing to do with the recent transactions but the result of older ones dropping off from the calculation.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

For most of us the defect percentage is over 1 year but the premise is the same...if the same month the previous year had more transactions than the current year, the defect rate could change.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply