how do I ask a question to eBay?

no6dj
Community Member

I had an item in my watch list (#321504182567) and I put a bid on it. The time was counting down and I watched it end and the screen said "congratulations"... I was the winner.

After the auction ended the page updated and the item was in my "won" column saying "pay now" .....I went from my iphone to my desk top computer and found out I had been outbid.????

How could I have been outbid when I watched the item count down and end... and I was the high bidder? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Many bidders use sniping services that enter bids at the very last second or even nano-second.

Some bidders bid early, bid once, and bid their maximum.

The winning bid is the highest bid, not the last bid.

Was your last bid higher or lower than the winning bid?

If it was lower you were outbid and the other guy paid too much.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sniping Service? If this is an automatic bidding service then EBay is NO LONGER a safe place to purchase items! What else can a sniping service find out about you and your buying history. My bids are being sniped to the $ by the same person or a similar person using this type of bidding.

I have TRIED TO CONTACT EBAY to voice my frustration and all I get is this continuous link so #EBay do something and contact me please and thank you.

Is the only way I can get results is by twitting my complaints? Ebay wake up.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If this is an automatic bidding service then EBay is NO LONGER a safe place to purchase items!

What is unsafe? The sniping service is just a way of automating bids. The only information the service has is the ID of the bidder. If someone doesn't want the service to have that information, she shouldn't use it. Easy.

The point is, the last bidder is not the winner.

The HIGH bidder is the winner.

If you are nibble bidding a loonie at a time for an hour, reaching finally at the last second a bid of $50, my snipe bid of $51 will win. Not because it is later but because it is higher.

If my snipe bid is $49, you will win.

If my only bid was made manually three days ago for $51, I will win.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply