how do I cancel an individual item from a bundled order of 5+ paid items?

...just wondering how this is done...I found a stain on an item of clothing, informed the buyer and the buyer obviously doesn't want it anymore...unfortunately it's a high ticket item and the eBay fees alone for that one item are about $10 which I would like back...any way of doing that...or should I just cancel + refund the whole thing and start over???? The buyer is very easy going so I don't think that would be a problem...

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You should be able to find it under Paid and issue a Cancel Transaction Request to the Buyer. From the drop-down menu on that item, no?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The five items were listed and sold separately? Or did you make a special listing of five items for your customer?

If the former, no biggie, just cancel the order as usual, citing Buyer Request.

That's pushing it a little, since the real problem is Not As Described, but since you asked the customer and she doesn't want it, it's marginally correct.

For the latter, I have no idea.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks Ms Sharples + Mjwl!!!

Partial refunds on multiple item bundled purchases don't get the eBay fees credited, right? That's my concern.

Each item was listed separately - but the same person bought nine items - so when I went to send an invoice everything got 'bundled' into one block (you know what I mean). That means when I go to cancel the transaction it goes to cancel everything - there is no cancel trans. for individual items now - they are all together in one group with one shipping charge. If I go to cancel, it brings up the whole lot of clothing. I hate to cancel everything, refund her + make her pay again but maybe she'd understand although thinking about it - would I have to relist everything + have her buy it again? That sounds insane...LOL.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The drop-down option for Cancel Order on the item itself seems to be missing. I can only see that which you are describing and not which I expected to find. Maybe take this to the Board Hour tomorrow and ask ebay Canada staff.

Join the Weekly Bo http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073ard Hour where eBay Canada staff will be available every Wednesday to answer questions from 1PM - 2PM Eastern.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply