how does ebay decide who gets the promo offers????

i would love to know how the algorithm decides who gets the special promo's.. do your sales have to be down, do your listings have to be down..do your views have to be too low..  will never know for sure .. but i know one thing for sure..

it is a straight out unfair, and beyond comprehension to give only certain people an advantage in the seller arena..

why should our competitors be given free listings, when i as a paid store owner not be given the same consideration..

this has to stop.. if a PROMO A IS AVAILABLE.. it should be for all that are store owners...

then list promos for everyone else..

NOT PICK AND CHOOSE WHO GETS WHAT AND WHEN..

TOTALLY UNFAIR...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@esclyons wrote:

i would love to know how the algorithm decides who gets the special promo's.. do your sales have to be down, do your listings have to be down..do your views have to be too low..  will never know for sure .. but i know one thing for sure..

TOTALLY UNFAIR...

These "free" promos are mostly for eBay's benefit...

Some possible reasons:

(1) to create more listings in areas that are underpopulated but not more listings in overloaded areas,

(2) to do market research,

(3) to increase overall sales (for eBay, not individual sellers)...

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I pitched a fit about this at the most recent Boatd Hour -- and Raphael's final one -- with his reply at Post 46 of 53:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/December-7th-2016-Weekly-Session-Raphael-s-Finale/td...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, me too. Not a single invite to a .com promo since last Spring. Just one or two for .ca but I have always listed on .com.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

While I keep getting invites that I'll never use on ebay,com -- to my buying ID only. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply