i think ebay should change there shipping list for canadian sellers sending to the USA

pepee1
Community Member

ebay needs to change there shipping list for Canadian sellers shipping to the USA have of the shipping items there list are no longer available from Canada post as i have just found out.  Economy shipping is no longer a option with them.  So i charged a smaller rate and it cost me  $5 more than i charged the buyer plus what ebay charged me in fees big loss for me not happy about it at all.  Ebay should be on top of this with there set up with Canada post.    

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: i think ebay should change there shipping list for canadian sellers sending to the USA

I think that you might be referring to Canada Post small packet surface USA which hasn't been available for about a couple of years and it hasn't been on the ebay shipping list for quite a while. The service that you are showing to the U.S. ....Canada Post International Parcel Surface isn't for the U.S. but is for other international countries.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: i think ebay should change there shipping list for canadian sellers sending to the USA

The best thing to do is go to the Canada Post website  and determine for yourself  what options can be used for

(1) Within Canada

(2) To the US 

(3) and then elsewhere... or everywhere else.

Link to 

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Run the numbers through

For options within Canada you will have to click on Ventureone at the top left corner to find Expedited Parcel Canada.

This will give you a list of the options available for each  of the three destinations indicated above.

Each January...Canada Post makes adjustments  in price  and in the options available  ...

Keep up to date.

Never assume eBay options will provide all of the necessary information....Always use Canada Post as a reference point... and get the best understanding of shipping options.  

Do a lot of reading about the many options...  

(1) Availability

(2) Restrictions

(3) For each Canada Post option find out what is offered, things  such as insurance, tracking, signature confirmation  and more.

Canada Post also covers lettermail/letterport

Canada Post should always be a primary source of information....  One has to understand Canada's postal system before one uses it on eBay, which at times just might be wrong.. or give the wrong impression of correctness

Use eBay wisely and with understanding.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

What I did, several years back, was write down various Cdn postal codes, to out of the way places, and figured out the Cdn costs. I did the same thing for different Zip Codes. Then, I figured out the costs to various countries.

I know, in my head, my shipping costs to anywhere in the world. I know the final total cost to the buyer, before I list.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
latest reply