interesting scammers found

since lately some color therapy tools r popping up on the net with ridiculously high prices, i decided to look them up on ebay.

So far I found 2 UNUSUAL sellers with listings.

one got tool sold from China for 5$ otherwise, he sells it for 254$

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301043334756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

not to mention- his other listings- gee!!!!!!!!!

another got also common flashlight  that would normally go for say 5-10 $ max, he put a sticker on it and created little very modest looking website

for his "Company", as a reference for some eager buyers and sells it for 80$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cold-Laser-The-healing-power-of-light-/171293686816?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US...

My question is:

who are those "buyers" who left feedbacks there as if they "bought" those silly things?

Please, enlighten me on how it all works, thanx 🙂

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The way this  works is that anyone silly enough to  believe in mumbo-jumbo quack medical claims is probably daft enough to pay any amount of money.

This may actually be a good thing since the placebo effect is likely to be more effective if the cost of the placebo is higher. There will be no other effect.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

'There is a sucker born every minute" PT Barnum.

Like lotteries, this is a tax on the stupid.

Which reminds me, I gotta go check my 649 numbers.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I love the flashlight with the red bulb.

The seller is Top Rated Plus.  There is an illusion on eBay that TRS status is equated with better seller.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you guys, but I still find it hard to believe that there are THAT MANY would go for SUCH SILLINESS ...

Arent there other ways to create "false buyers" list? I red about such a thing years ago but forgot...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Oh me too - check last night's lottery ticket I mean!  Thanks for reminding me!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@mature_fairy wrote:

since lately some color therapy tools r popping up on the net with ridiculously high prices,...

one got tool sold from China for 5$ otherwise, he sells it for 254$

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301043334756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

not to mention- his other listings- gee!!!!!!!!!

My question is:

who are those "buyers" who left feedbacks there as if they "bought" those silly things?

Please, enlighten me on how it all works, thanx 🙂

Interesting listing, put together with a mix of wild "science" claims, some out right lies, some true "facts" (like nothing more expensive will out perform this product) and no legally binding promises that it will actually do anything. Plus lots of wriggle room for returns (laser may be damaged if you don't use batteries that have been treated by the laser -- a Catch 22 rule). Does step across one of ebay's rules by specially naming one of his buyers when setting his return policy.
If eBay displayed his seller rating it would be 90% positive not 100% -- he has 20 seller feedback versus 955 buyer feedback (and his useless buyer feedback are all positive).
The detailed seller ratings show 4.8 across all categories and 10% of his seller feedbacks are neutrals.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

There's actually some legitimate science behind light therapy but you have already made up your mind so I won't preach. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

All I can think of is treatment for seasonal affective disorder, and an hour a day in the sun (or a seriously bright substitute) will fix that, a low wattage torch won't do anything.

It's a typical quack technique to take something that in certain circumstances can do some good to some people and peddle a dumbed down cheaply made gadget as a panacea.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@gotwhatchuneed wrote:

There's actually some legitimate science behind light therapy but you have already made up your mind so I won't preach. Smiley Happy

We see the  brainwashing worked on you !

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

There are no relationships among color therapy, low level laser therapy, and light therapy, all of which seem to have made their way into this discussion.  Low level laser therapy, which is what the two referenced listings are showing, is an unproven treatment, which appears to have some short-term effect on painful arthritis conditions.  No one understands how it works, and although it appears to be safe, meta-analysis has failed to prove its effectiveness.  Color therapy is grouped in with "alternative" treatments, has no proof of effectiveness for any studied application, and seems to give results that are no different than painting walls a new color or changing the color of your clothing, both of which are fun and can make you feel good, but are not "treatments".  Light therapy has many applications in medicine, for a wide variety of different conditions, but type of light, intensity, treatment, etc. is specific to each condition, and may vary with the individual.

From Wikipedia:

Light therapy or phototherapy (classically referred to as hellotherapy) consists of exposure to daylight or to specific wavelengths of light using polychromatic polarised light, lasers, light-emitting diodes, fluorescent lamps, dichroic lamps or very bright, full-spectrum light, usually controlled with various devices. The light is administered for a prescribed amount of time and, in some cases, at a specific time of day.

Common use of the term is associated with the treatment of skin disorders (chiefly psoriasis), sleep disorder and some psychiatric disorders. Light therapy directed at the skin is also used to treat acne vulgaris, eczema and neonatal jaundice. Light therapy which strikes the retina of the eyes is used to treat circadian rhythm disorders such as delayed sleep phase disorder and can also be used to treat seasonal affective disorder, with some support for its use also with non-seasonal psychiatric disorders.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply