is the 45 day time period from the date of puchase. or delivery date.

jpyne28
Community Member
12 REPLIES 12

Re: is the 45 day time period from the date of puchase. or delivery date.

Which 45 day time period? for an INR claim, a SNAD claim, ability to leave feedback?

eBay has lots of different "time periods".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The time period to file a claim for a item not received.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Deadlines are constantly changing on eBay and PayPal.  The current policy reads:

If you haven't received an item: You can report that you didn't receive the item and open a request for a refund after the estimated delivery date has passed. You must open the request within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. Learn more about the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ebay has a shorter claim time than Paypal for items not received or not as described. If you open a claim through Paypal, you have 180 days from the date of payment. This started in the first or 2nd week in January.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_CA#13

13.2 Eligibility Requirements.

1. To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:

1. Pay for the eligible item from your Account.

2. Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.

3. Send the payment to the Seller through:

1. the eBay “Pay Now” button or the eBay invoice; or

2. the Send Money tab on the PayPal website, by clicking the “Purchase” tab, or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or otherwise selecting PayPal as part of a Seller’s checkout flow.

4. Open a Dispute within 180 Days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution.
    5. Have an Account in good standing.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I am confused. Ebay gives the buyer 45 days to file a claim. But if the buyer goes through PayPal they have 180 days. So if you mail a package insured and with tracking this only good for 60 days.  So if the buyer waits for 61 days your tracking information is removed from the USPS and  you are unable to file a insurance claim. Buyer wins and the seller loses.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It's not 45 days for ebay. As Pierre quoted "You must open the request within 30 days of the estimated delivery date." 

Personally, I think that 180 days is much too long. I have  no idea how they will handle an inr if it is opened after 60 days but I do think that most people realize well before then that they haven't received an item so I can't see it as being a big issue.

Some people have pointed out that the ebay info isn't available for the seller to see for that long either so I don't know how that will work if a not as described case is opened. 

I can see why they wanted to extend the time as it seems that many times sellers mislead a buyer so that the claim time can run out. Hopefully if the claim time is longer, that won't be as much of a problem. But I do think that 2 or 3 months would have been plenty long enough.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The issue is they say they did not receive the item. Your USPS tracking and insurance are void.Paypal sides with buyer.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Are you saying that your buyer has claimed an inr on Paypal after 60 days?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@jpyne28 wrote:

The issue is they say they did not receive the item. Your USPS tracking and insurance are void.Paypal sides with buyer.

Why is the tracking "void"?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

So if you mail a package insured and with tracking this only good for 60 days

Why "only 60 days"?

While there are time limits in which you have to file an insurance claim (if you waste money on insurance that is) but tracking is tracking, if it shows delivered it's valid.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I've read on the .com boards that the USPS tracking disappears after 60 days....I have no idea if that's true or not but perhaps that is what jpyne28 is referring to??

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I've read on the .com boards that the USPS tracking disappears after 60 days....I have no idea if that's true or not but perhaps that is what jpyne28 is referring to??

I read a lot of garbage on the .com boards.......

Here's one of mine from the end of August

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&text28777=&tLabels=940551189...

In any event who is ever going to file an INR claim 6 months after they paid for something especially one that was actually delivered?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply