item not recieved

lamd98
Community Member

I bought a straightner in March from someone in China, didnt received it and send a message about that. Standard answer that I got back was to allow more time since it came from China. I did give more time and then it was too late to file a complaint!

I know I have been scammed and although, dont like it, will live with that and learned a lesson. I do, however, want this person reported for future buyers.

Name is 

thank you

Laura DeHeer

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

item not recieved

marnotom!
Community Member

@lamd98 wrote:

I bought a straightner in March from someone in China, didnt received it and send a message about that. Standard answer that I got back was to allow more time since it came from China. I did give more time and then it was too late to file a complaint!

I know I have been scammed and although, dont like it, will live with that and learned a lesson. I do, however, want this person reported for future buyers.

Name is 

As you've likely discovered by now, another lesson is that you can't use the eBay discussion boards to "report" sellers.

I think what users should be taking from your experience is that they should be familiar with eBay's protection policies and act accordingly.  A seller can always be repaid for an item that arrives after a case or claim has been closed in a buyer's favour.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

item not recieved

Hello Laura,

Nearly everyone on ebay has something the same happen to them when they're new.  So to make sure that nothing like this ever happens to you again, you might like to have a look at the following link.  It tells ebay's official position on what to do if there is a problem, and suggestions with other links for resolving issues:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

There is a lot of reading needed to truly get the most and best of ebay but if you are willing to spend a bit of time doing that, it's invaluable for protecting yourself and your money.

And now that you know about that 45 day deadline to file a claim, - don't forget the 60 day deadline to leave feedback.  Savvy sellers will try to delay you past both.  Here's a link for all things feedback if you're interested:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/allaboutfeedback.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

item not recieved

If you paid for it using a credit card, call the customer service number on the back and have the CC company do a chargeback.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

item not recieved

If the seller left feedback for you, you can add a Response to it, indefinitely.

"Never arrived, persuaded me to wait past Dispute deadline" should cover the situation.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply