listing removed

Had a CPAP mask listed Ebay removed it stating policy yet there are still more listed Can I part it out and sell parts separately without violating policy

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: listing removed

Here is the official eBay.ca policy on the subject:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/prescriptions.html

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

ya ok but why is everyone else allowed to sell also you don't need a prescription to buy a machine or parts all you need is for  the sleep lab to figure out pressure , anyone can walk in and buy te machine

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Things may have changed but, ten years ago in Ontario, I needed a prescription from the doctor to get the CPAC machine. The masks do not require prescription.

It is a bit like insulin if you are diabetic - you need a prescription for insulin but not for the needles required for injection.

The fact that some members break the rules and offer prohibited "stuff" is unfortunate.  We see that in many restricted categories.

Why does eBay have all those rules?  Apparently to protect the public from some sellers who could take advantage and sell potentially dangerous sub-standards items.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

then someone needs to be more diligent

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

So can parts for these masks be sold seperatly cause there are lots of bits and pieces listed right now

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

What category did you have the original listing under?

The majority of those listed are under: sleeping aids ---> other sleeping aids.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you look at the link that Pierre posted it mentions that you can't sell items that need prescriptions by the FDA so it looks as if you have to follow the U.S. rules as well as the rules of any other country that you ship to. According to the following link, you do need a prescription for some of these parts.

http://www.cpap.com/DisplayNewsletter/77/Letter-to-Customers-CPAPcom-Prescription-Policy-Change.html

We now require prescriptions to be on file before any machine, mask, or humidifier may be shipped. This is because the Food and Drug Administration classifies masks and humidifiers along with machines as Class II Medical Devices, which require a prescription.

I have no idea if you can sell other parts of the machine but you can't go by what other sellers are doing because that isn't always a guarantee that their listings are allowed.  I don't know why some items get removed and others don't but once your item has been removed, you are probably on ebay's radar so you don't want to relist items that aren't allowed.

I doubt that anyone here will be able to give you a definitive answer as we are all just ebay sellers like you. It's unlikely that any ebay staff will read or answer your post.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Accoording to that letter  replacement parts are excempt from requireing a prescription

Message 9 of 9
latest reply