migrating to .com

Very specific question and a crazy amount of frustration.  I need to know how to list 224 items that I have in my unsold file of Selling Manager Pro to the .com site.

I have been individually relisting all my items one at a time to .ca, and is working well, but now I am stuck as how to relist the items I want on .com.  

The "Tool" will not sort with any kind of accuracy, and if I search any one of the individual items that I want to migrate, there is not check box to work with the item.

If I go to .com and try relist it says "item created on different site"

any ideas?

Please??!!!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

migrating to .com

I am facing the same problem when my 700 + GTC listings end in Aug/Sept.

Be thankful you have only 224 items to relist. 

I will be forced to used the Migration Tool also and if it causes problems for me I will have to list them individually, which could take me months (copy and pasting descriptions, and searching through thousands of images on my computer). 

Listings created on eBay.ca can not be simply relisted on ebay.com (hence the migration tool).

I already have 40-50 listings on ebay.com already....

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

Do you have your pictures on file somewhere?

If so, you can cut and paste your descriptions from the dotCA  Revision page (yes one by one) with all the HTML coding you have.

For the interim, paste them onto a text/word document.

Now go to dotCOM and using the word document, one at a time, make new listings, cutting and pasting each description and picture from your saved work.

Which is a pain in the neck, but each takes me about three minutes -- longer when I have to make new scans.

(I scan most of my stuff because they are mostly flat and scanning puts them right on my desktop with no interim steps. I am a very lazy technodolt.)

So there's about 10 hours of work for you while the Canada Post farradiddle is on and shipping is problematical.

Do a few each day.

Boring boring boring.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

Something to make you feel better.

I did not use the Migration tool... The last step looked strange... I knew what to do without the Migration Tool

(1) Put my store on vacation.

(2) Bulk edit  Item price..... 3 hours

(3) Bulk edit  shipping cost.... 3 hours

Numbers (3) and (4) I have done many times before 

(4) Then it was converting US dollars to Canadian dollars on each listing to stay on eBay Canada.

One listing per minute....  120 to 125 listings per day... for 30 days...

The process for each listing was ....end the listing... convert to Canadian  dollars... and then relist

That is 60 hours in total for just the conversion to Canadian dollars   ...

....... and ..... I was hit by a flu bug like I have not had  for decades...... mucous galore

Moving to eBay.com is a much different process......  It can be done....

Persistence does it......

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

I think the OP wants to move a lot of her listings to dotCOM rather than leaving them on dotCA.

I have moved many of mine especially those that can be shipped LetterPost/LightPacket/Free Shipping. It is tedious.

....... and ..... I was hit by a flu bug like I have not had  for decades...... mucous galore

TMI!!

Hot lemon and honey.

It's a Virgin Toddy.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

I know what OP wants to do...

'

I did it in September- October  2008  when I moved my listings from eBay.com to eBay.ca...  A cap for  the shipping cost for books was introduced onto eBay.com... continued to sell in US dollars....

Today I only sell books and must stay on eBay Canada.

Uploaded all of my listings to Turbolister  and started the Migration of listings  from eBay.com  to eBay Canada  with my listings on Turbolister....

It was something I had to do ... and it got done...  about 1200 listings in total 

Ended my store on eBay.com...... Started my "new" store on eBay.ca   and never looked back  until May 2016..

Now all of the listings are in Canadian dollars

Store was open for 5 days...  sold 6 items.... one Canadian buyer immediately cancelled his purchase.

Had three sales to Canadian buyers and two to US buyers...

Now it is ... On Vacation... waiting for the strike to start... let alone end!!!!!

Lots of  new listings in preparation while on "strike" vacation.

I will strike a new stance on eBay Canada with all listings in Canadian dollars ... ... and with lots of new listings ready to go...

Flu bug is 99.999% gone....  I survived,  so far....   flu bug and everything else

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

I wanted to maintain a USAD balance and a .com presence, I have worked around all the little things and found a fix, this one has be stymied.  I no longer have the pictures - so, I have still a few days of postal strike to call ebay daily, and maybe......

1.  if I sync turbo lister the ebay account can I then change the listing to .com...........hmmmm will try that tomorrow.

thanx guys!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

Get your listings onto Turbolister

Then move each listing to eBay.com -----Open a listing....  and eBay site is at the upper right corner

Be careful  because once you click this from eBay Canada to eBay US   certain data will get lost.

Make a series of copies  of listings....so you do not lose some important  listings   and experiment on these 

Remember on eBay.com  domestic is shipping to the US and shipping to Canada is international shipping.

the shipping option has to be a generic , general description of shipping option... not listed as Canada Post...... even if you use Canada Post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

Just sayin' -- when it is the management of Canada Post that goes on strike-- it's called a lockout.

Today I only sell books and must stay on eBay Canada.

FWIW- if your books can ship for less than the now $6.00USD (about $7.25CDN) stupid shipping cap, you could still list them on dotCOM.

I've putting my new paperback listings, most of which are under 2cm and 500 gr on dotCOM with "free" shipping to Canada and USA, although I finally got bored and left many of the existing listings on dotCA in loonies.

The drop in the Canadian dollar covers the shipping well enough.

Your books are more valuable and also heavier, so this probably doesn't work for you.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

migrating to .com

I have to stay on eBay Canada

About 20 % of sales fall into that under 500 gram category....

Most of my books are in the 500 to 1000 gram category.... and sometimes  I do ship some quite heavy books... or sets of books.

The eBay.com cap on books would kill my sales if I  listed on eBay.com.

Free shipping... shipping included in the price .....would never work for me.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply