new duty fees suck

now ebay is making money on items that do not have duties levied on them. bloody thieves ebay are. and you cannot track shipments either . will have to sell and buy elsewhere. **bleep**s.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

new duty fees suck

marnotom!
Community Member

eBay.com may be trying to increase its revenues by bolstering international sales on the site, but it's not doing it in the manner in which you describe.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

new duty fees suck

look and you find some good deals on other sites

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

new duty fees suck

@angus_coin_shop wrote:

look and you find some good deals on other sites

I would argue that most GSP listings are being sold by sellers who haven't sold internationally prior to the GSP's introduction and may not know any better.

In other words, those "bad deals" on eBay probably wouldn't even be found with a search on eBay.ca if there were no GSP.

I doubt that most serious international sellers on .com have trashed shipping through the postal system in favour of the GSP.  Those who "flirted" with the GSP (thanks to the incentives eBay offered) are figuring out it's a problem and are returning to their original business plan.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

new duty fees suck

I doubt that most serious international sellers on .com have trashed shipping through the postal system in favour of the GSP.  Those who "flirted" with the GSP (thanks to the incentives eBay offered) are figuring out it's a problem and are returning to their original business plan.

If what you are saying is true then ebay has really goofed up ,we now have disgruntled sellers and angry /betrayed buyers,what a fiasco.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply