not many sales on sundays

Just wondering if other sellers have almost no sales on sundays?I have noticed that not much seems to sell on sunday,maybe its  my items i sell,collectables,vintage items,brewerana,old stuff,just seems that nothing moves on that day,other than this week 1 sale,im thinking an auction style listing is not a good day for this type of sale to end?Week days seem the best

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There are two schools of thought on this subject....

1 - Sunday is the best and only day to end Auctions

2 - Every day is the best day to end Auctions

In the boom days of eBay I listed only auctions and usually started 15 - 20 new ones every day, over time it turned out the most sales were on Tuesday but the difference between Tuesday and other days was marginal at best.

On the other hand I could make almost any day the "best" day simply by listing better items on those days, that was true 15 years ago and it's still true today.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have the bulk of my parcels to ship on Monday and Tuesday, with very few shipments on other weekdays unless the buyer has delayed payment for some reason.

But I list Fixed Price/Good Til Cancelled for the most part.

I do find that my items tend to sell when the listing is at the beginning or the end of the 30 day turnaround period.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

To my eyes, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind sales volumes anymore. (I only sell GTC stuff on .COM)

A couple weeks ago the weekend was dead, 2 weekends ago (the 11th especially) was crazy good, last weekend was slow.

Some weeks Monday is good, some weeks Friday, some weeks the days in between are good.

Generally, Saturdays are slow for me.

In the good old days I used to end auctions on Friday nights or Sunday nights. (In those days there were statistics saying that Friday night was the busiest time in eBayland). Things ending on Friday at lunchtime (in the days when people sneaked onto the internet at lunchtime while at work) did well too. That is all long behind us now.

Since I've quit using Turbolister, I'm just listing stuff when I have time, and it doesn't seem to have made any difference (I'm not sure how I would know if it did anymore anyway).

I'm with Cumo's thinking, that when days are slow, one should be busy listing stuff....because another day things will sell well..... or so one hopes....

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

Just wondering if other sellers have almost no sales on sundays?I have noticed that not much seems to sell on sunday,maybe its  my items i sell,collectables,vintage items,brewerana,old stuff,just seems that nothing moves on that day,other than this week 1 sale,im thinking an auction style listing is not a good day for this type of sale to end?Week days seem the best

I only sell fixed price, but I find that most of my sales are between Friday night and Sunday afternoon.  I'm usually busy Sunday evening packaging items for the Monday morning mail pick-up.

It's pretty much been that way for years.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

My objective is to have the same number of GTC listings end each day.

Sales occur when they occur...

I am always working to balance  buying new inventory, uploading new listings, and preparing parcels.

This keeps me busy.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the good old days with auctions,  the auctions  used to end on Monday night.....

It was a good day because others ended their auctions over, Friday, Saturday and Sunday..  with lots of bids,  and a very busy almost too busy bidding days...

More people looking at my listings....  and less competition from other sellers.

Tuesday was prepare the parcel day, and Wednesday and Thursday were mailing days..... and the preparation of listings for next week....

Saturday  was my search day... and Sunday  was a day for a few quick breaths....

------------------------------------------------------

Things worked well... but became less focused and less stressful when GTC became the way to sell on eBay, and with a store...

With GTC and a handling time of 3 days....everything became reasonably well balance, and easier to do on eBay.

Shipping days are usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If there are no sales on Wednesday,  Friday is skipped  and the shipping days become Tuesday and Thursday.

If parcels are shipped on Friday, and Monday is a holiday,  then Tuesday and Thursday are shipping days.

Everything becomes a simple rhythm of what to do and when....

---------------------------------------------------

One last step to making things easier was moving from TL to Auctiva to prepare listings..... Today my aim is to have 140 GTC  listings ending each day..... uploading 5 listings each day when necessary to achieve this number or something close to this number..  My number of listings on eBay gradually increases in mini-steps.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply