oldmoney7

Has anyone ever got this bidder, some crazy person who ask if they could combined S&H over a week for 1 S&H cost. I said no, it combined over 1- 2 days.
Well, I got a belly full of how I never say feel better, and how I am sitting on behind not doing anything and making all the profits from S&H. She is going to go to Ebay.
How is selling her big lovely home and her doctor say to update her will, and only buying stuff for family.
9 emails telling cursing me off. This is one angry person.
This is not a social club. I am only a seller.
Have U ever encountered anyone like this. I had to block them. You haven't heard all of it, if you did you will go bananas like them.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

oldmoney7

Your listings read: "PAYMENT IS REQUIRED 1-5 DAYS"

If you do not wish to combine shipment for purchases after one/two days, you may want to change your terms to avoid similar situations.

Suggesting you are willing to wait five days for payment implies a buyer could combine within that period of time.

Like you I sell "stuff" easy to mail. Personally, I will combine anything for anyone with no time limit: whatever pleases the customer is OK with me. I often have buyers who accumulate items from different listings over a two to three week period.

A bit of flexibility results in more sales and more profit. 🙂
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

oldmoney7

pierre

This sounds like oldmoney lucked into the kind of buyer who decides that buying on eBay is more fun than another visit to the Ward.

Nothing will help this problem except hoping that the seller finds an eBay rep who can read the Contact Seller emails and understand that the buyer is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

oldmoney7

Heed Pierre's advice.

Same here, we combine for as long as the buyer wants. It's really no big deal and only involves clicking the "Send Information" button more than once.

Actually, we want buyers to continue adding to their cart because they see it as saving on shipping costs.

Bernie
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

oldmoney7

I also let people accumulate for as long as they like, only thing I need is for them to let me know they're accumulating.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

oldmoney7

Doesn't work for me. Most of my books are heavy enough that the rate jumps too much when two are shipped as one.

On postcards, I have no such problems, so I tell people to look for more.

But I do give a deadline and of course most of my listings are Good Til Cancelled/Fixed Price.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply