procrastination

While busy trying to write up some listings, I noticed that I saved $12.00 on 100 auctions for the promo running now. Curious I looked at the fee schedule and it states auctions for stores should be  10 cents each. Even more curious I looked at what my fvf fees were and for shipping one day apart on $1.80 I was charged 13 and 19 cents. Now the fees page states "All fees are in US or Canadian dollars".

The question I just thought of is are my fees charged by my listing currency or my billing currency which is in Canadian but my listing is in American.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: procrastination

I have also found some insight to best match placement not a solution mind you. In the category I am listing now. I have just listed 100 auctions with a promo, I have three listing in the top 200. When I listed BIN with previous promos and not my numbers in the top 200 bounced from 52 to as high as 84.

Best Match itself is confusing because why when signed in looking at stuff to buy do I want my own listing being offered to me as a 'Best Match'. I could be my own best customer. lol.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"are my fees charged by my listing currency or my billing currency "

Both! Smiley Happy

The fees (both listing and FVF) are calculated based on the currency of the listing.

They are charged to your account based on the currency of your account (billing currency)

So, if you list and sell in US$, the fee will be calculated in US$ based on the appropriate fee schedule and converted by eBay into Canadian dollar - based on the conversion the day the fees are charged.

" for shipping one day apart on $1.80 I was charged 13 and 19 cents. "

Different rates for FVF may apply depending on the category you have selected for your items.

Please read the fee schedule for stores very carefully.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Auction listing fees for Stores are 10, 15 or 25 cents depending on which level of store you have.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html#insertion

Do you have an Anchor Store?

Fees are based on the listing currency and are converted to your billing currency if necessary. At the moment listing fees are less if you list in Canadian Dollars.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, I did a test with turbo lister and changed the currency and was charged 10 cents. I have never actually thought about the conversion before.

This quote from the fees page never actually made sense til now

'Insertion fees for Store listings (in C$ or US$)'

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have an anchor store but haven't done auctions in years because they have insertion fees and less exposure time then a GTC listing.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

" a test with turbo lister "

If you want to test, use SYI3 ("Sell your Item" form), not Turbo Lister

Message 7 of 7
latest reply