"Item Not receive" need advise

Good afternoon,

I sold item one month ago and now Buyer (for Japan) claim to EBay “item not receive”. As per tracking #, package left Canada on April 10 and I don’t see any updates for tracking from that time. I open claim on Canada Post and they have 10 business days to respond and time till July 27, 2014 to find resolution for that claim. Of course Ebay block payment from Buyer from my PayPal account and in next 2 days claim will be escalated because I’m not refund payment to Buyer. What I should do next? Anyone have similar problem before? Any advice?

Thank you

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: "Item Not receive" need advise

What shipping method did you use?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Airmail or surface? Surface can take MONTHS.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hum? OP seems to sell coins, bills, etc. Tracking to Japan would be Xpresspost at $78, but, 5 days guaranteed. I do not see any other "tracked" option. I am puzzled.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If there is no proof that the buyer received the item then you will have to refund their payment. It is best to do this before ebay or paypal forces you to refund. Once Canada Post finishes their investigation, if they find in your favour they will refund you directly, not the buyer.

I'm curious how you sent the item and if it even is insurable.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Item been send as regular parcel with trackin# ($44.25) full insured buyer refused express shipping. What happend if i return payment to buyer before escalated day and after 5 weeks I will got confirmation of delivery from Canada Post ?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Regular Parcel with tracking #
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Semantics, buyer cannot refuse your shipping. That is your decision.

I am lost, I have not heard of "reg parcel with tracking" for international. Regular parcel is a domestic phrase.

You pretty much have to refund. if buyer receives parcel after refund, you have to hope they are honest and pay again.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It sounds as if you sent it by surface mail and I don't believe that is a tracked service.

What is the tracking number that you have?

If the buyer receives the package after you have given the refund your only option is to hope that the buyer will be honest enough to pay you again. When you do refund, politely ask the buyer to let you know when they receive the item so that you can arrange for repayment.

If you don't refund before paypal or ebay makes a decision you receive an unresolved claim on your account. You are only allowed to have .3% of your yearly transactions as unresolved claims.  And if you don't refund on your own, chances are that paypal will do it for you regardless.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It sounds as if you sent it by surface mail and I don't believe that is a tracked service.

What is the tracking number that you have?

If the buyer receives the package after you have given the refund your only option is to hope that the buyer will be honest enough to pay you again. When you do refund, politely ask the buyer to let you know when they receive the item so that you can arrange for repayment.

If you don't refund before paypal or ebay makes a decision you receive an unresolved claim on your account. You are only allowed to have .3% of your yearly transactions as unresolved claims.  And if you don't refund on your own, chances are that paypal will do it for you regardless.

What I was thinking. I was looking in CP and there is a high priced surface option. Not sure what that is about. Ya sure you didn't just get a receipt number? They print those and make them look like tracking numbers.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Sorry , its call International Parcel #CC018518731CA
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The package is in transit so it is likely that it was sent by surface which can take 4-8 weeks. Many sellers will not ship surface as buyers will not always wait that long before they file a claim. I heard though that tracking was no longer available on international parcel so its odd that you do have tracking.

Your claim has been filed through ebay, not paypal...correct?

I would phone ebay and ask them to look at the tracking information showing that the item is in transit. They might then give you longer before they escalate. 

If you do end up refunding, there is still a chance that the buyer will repay you.I've never had an problems with Japanese buyers even though I have sent many things there without any tracking so I believe they are very honest.

Is the item expensive?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

$300 watch... anyways, I will call to Ebay to find out my choices 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply