"[...] prohibited from listing additional items at this time [...]", help!!

Hello,
I just got this:

"You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible. "

Let me tell you that's stressing me a lot and my eBay account is VERY importnat to me.
I already messaged eBay about this, but I bet someone have an answer for me faster then them.

Is this permanent?
Will my selling activities be block for ever?

Thank you.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

ds2286
Community Member
Were you actually trying to list something and were not able to. Or did you just receive that as an email, if so it is probably not even from ebay. You have no problems with feedback, so I would say it is not real. In the past I have received fraudulent emails like that. Just ignore and continue.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No..unhopefully it's when I try to list an item...
Thanks..
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Wish I could edit my last post..
The reason is obvious..I've been listing in the last few weeks items that violate Copyrights, at least that's why eBay told me. But I'm trully confident it don't.
I stupidely relisted and relisted the auction when eBay were closing them ignoring the advertisements, I deserve it, but not if it's permanent.

Any comon sens people would agree my last auctions weren't against any copyrights;
I bought a lot of the PC game "War Rock" and sold them, at least I offered the option in the description to open the box for the buyer and simply email them the keycode in the box (to avoid shipping charges). I invested quite a lot in that so insisted at trying to sell them. I strongly believe and please let me know if I'm wrong, it isn't in any copyright of, at first, reselling a brand new and factory sealed PC game and, secondly, offering the buyer the opportunity to only receive part of it's content digitally delivered?

I told myself, they can't suspend me, I listed and and got about 8 warns in a day, I don't know what I had in mind that day.

I tried lising one more today, and it's now the last.
At least if it's not permanent you can be sure I won't do this again, but I would bet a lot I was in all my rights to do what I did.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
It's foolish of you to relist after eBay pulls a listing for some rule infraction. You're begging to be suspended. Right now you're just restricted, not fully suspended.

If you keep relisting items that have been removed from eBay, they will suspend you.

You have to work with whomever is claiming you violated their copyrights before you can relist the item. If you don't, and you just relist, you will get yourself suspended possibly even permanently.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yup exactly, like Jakeeangle said, it is foolish to relist and item once eBay pulls it and informs you that if you relist it you could be suspended.

The result should not be a surprise to you.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I invested a lot there and now I'm stuck with this game, that's why I insisted to try selling them, and there was 48 other auctions of this title, actually 25, so it frustated me. If it's not permanent, you can be sure I understand now.
Thanks for the replies.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Hi, yes you must follow the rules, I myself only list a item if I am 100% sure it's ok, couple of weeks back I wanted to list some items and wasn't sure so I asked eBay and I was surprised by getting a letter to the effect that it's not there job to look up what's aloud and what's not, They just gave me a link, and since english is not my mother tong, it is very hard for me to research that since the list is so long and almost impossible for me to find out if I was able to list those items.

So at the end I didn't list them, so if I am not sure I wont list it, that's all.

if anyone has a better idea on finding out if a item is allowed to be listed or another email address at eBay Please let me know. I spent a lot of Money on these items and now there just in storage or I will sell them to the flea market sellers.

Also super_jossee why don't you just sell the game? you cant just sell the key? it's like buying a copy of windows and then just selling the key, is that what your listing was like? from what i read it looks like that.

anyway good Luck:)
T.J.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

if anyone has a better idea on finding out if a item is allowed to be listed

You can always try here on this board

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

No, I was selling the whole game, but I also offered to only email the key. Most (large majority) of people only want the key as this game can be download for free through the main site. That's why I offered this service, people don't want the box and it's useless goodies.

Selling the box without offering to send the key only would just have make me loose buyers, waste A LOT more of my time at the post office and A LOT of space.

At least if they block mine for the sake of God block others too!

PS: Over 48 hours without eBay's response (indefinite suspension or not).
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"I offered the option in the description to open the box for the buyer and simply email them the keycode in the box (to avoid shipping charges). "

That is NOT allowed. The policy was recently changed. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

For more information, please take a look at this announcement:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200803.shtml#2008-03-31152738 .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 12 of 12
latest reply