sale to china

Does anybody have any experience with or ideas of how I should handle a sale to China.  The buyer has paid for the item, and has not answered my emails about an address.

The address provided on both the eBay and papal sight is:

黃勁
沙市區沿江大道汽渡宿舍2門401號
荊州市
湖北省, 434000
China

Can I address label as above, and assume that Canada Post can get it out of the country to China, where postal workers there will know how to deliver it?

I used Google translate, but not sure I can trust that!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sale to china

Chinese is one of the languages/ writing systems accepted by members of the Universal Postal Union.

http://www.upu.int/en/the-upu/languages.html

Interesting that although the UPU was an American idea, back in the 1860s, the official language of the organization is French.

You learn something new every day, whether you want to or not.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

sale to china

marnotom!
Community Member

According to the Canada Post Website, the country should be written as "PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA" and not simply "CHINA" (I guess to distinguish it from "Taiwan") but apart from that, I think what you have should be fine.

You may wish to familiarize yourself with the conditions involving invoicing as well.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

sale to china

"conditions involving invoicing"

?? Invoicing with Canada post?  EBay? Papal?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

sale to china

I think they mean sending a commercial invoice with the parcel.  Check Canada Post for requirements for enclosing invoices, how many and where they have to be put.

Use a printout of the ebay invoice for your invoice and sign it at the bottom.  Doesn't hurt to also put "I certify that this invoice is true" above your signature.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

sale to china

Chinese is one of the languages/ writing systems accepted by members of the Universal Postal Union.

Interesting that although the UPU was an American idea, back in the 1860s, the official language of the organization is French.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

sale to china

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Actually, if I'm reading that page correctly, Chinese is a language in which UPU documents are produced, but it's not a "working language" for the UPU the way English is.

As far as French being the official language of the UPU, haven't you wondered why all your air mail correspondence bears the instruction Par Avion, no matter what the country of origin is?  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
latest reply