scammer alert

Lost $157 to these scammers.

Item purchased early inJune, no contact from them at all. Opened a claim through paypal.....nothing. came home from vaction to find my case automatically closed and these idiots are no longer a registered user on ebay. Another thing that sucks with paypal is that the case closes automatically after 20 days because they ASSUME a resolution has been made when in fact it hasnt. Lesson learned the hard way......friggen sucks as i wish paypal could be more of a help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

scammer alert

If you paid with your credit card through PayPal, contact your credit card issuer at the 800 number on your monthly statement and ask for a chargeback for "goods not received".

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

scammer alert

marnotom!
Community Member

There are two parts to the PayPal resolution process.  Sounds to me as though you opened a dispute, but as you were on vacation you failed to escalate it to an actual claim.

As Pierre advises, pursue this with your credit card issuer if you funded your payment with a credit card.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

scammer alert

Yeah, that would be my read as well.

You have to learn the rules if you're going to accomplish anything here and it looks like you didn't.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

scammer alert

It would be my reading as well. It seems the OP opened the dispute without reading all the details. It is written there in black and white that the buyer has 20 days to escalate to a claim if there is no response from the seller. PayPal even sends a reminder closer to the date.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply