seling replica jewellery as brand name? Sterling silver when it's really 925 plated and Disney?

I don't get how jewellery can be sold of as a brand name when it's a replica. 925 Sterling silver is actually plated. And Disney items r knock offs, but being sold as if they r registered a Disney. Shouldn't sellers disclose this information? Or is it up to buyer to ask further questions of items? Many people r buying these types of items off Ebay and selling them on Facebook auctions thinking these items r what seller says. How can sellers do this?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

seling replica jewellery as brand name? Sterling silver when it's really 925 plated and Disney?

Since those items are counterfeit, I really doubt the crooks selling them are likely to tell the truth.

And since they are counterfeit, saying they are would have eBay robots  block the listing.

You can Report suspected bad listings to eBay.

You can in particular report the Disney listings to Disney. You know what they say, 'Don't mess with the Mouse."

Most people are honest. Some are not.

umm... Facebook auctions? When did FB become a business site? I know a lot of businesses use it for publicity but how does one sell there?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Oh yeah.

They are also easy to spot.

They come from Chinese sellers (mostly).

The price is too good to be true.

As you probably know, the cost for labour in Asia is low. But the cost of materials (silver bullion) is a world price and if something is being sold below the bullion price, it's fake.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As it turns out there was a news warning after Xmas that these so called Disney dolls are very toxic to children. One side effect that stood out to me is that they can cause male infertility and other very harmful effects. So if anyone bought the Disney ( Frozen ) dolls from EBay. Please don't allow your children to play with them.. Please Google this for more info.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

note*** it has been circulated on many facebook sites that the Fake, unauthorized Disney dolls r all very toxic to children. Many of these were sold at Christmas time on Facebook auctions, purchased from EBay. Please Google the info. One toxic side effect I recall is male infertility. Yes, Facebook auctions. Don't know what area u r from but when on Facebook search bidding wars, or auctions and different cities have their own.i really wish the Ebay sellers of jewellery were honest. But because they haven't been a lot of fake jewellery has been sold for $50-$100 a piece on these auctions. Buyers tend to believe auction sellers. I'm guilty of that. Until I did some investigating on my own at Christmas time 2014... Very sad situation when u have to lie to make a buck. And now with so called Disney items, kids will suffer health consequences. I hope Ebay will catch onto them and cut them off from selling.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The price may be too good on EBay, but they r resold on FB auctions for say $99 more than purchased from EBay. It's counterfeit costume jewellery. Buyer is believing Asian EBay sellers lying descriptions.when this **bleep** jewellery is sold on FB auctions, the cycle of Ebays lying description is repeated. Too much deception from EBay sellers listing. Don't trust jewellery descriptions as real or authentic6, especially under the title of fashion jewellery. It maybe stamped 925 to appear Sterling silve, but it's fake.get it wet and it will rust., even body sweat on item will tarnish it. BUYERS BEWARE!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply