seller didn't ship my item within time given in listings description

I made a purchase and paid on September 15th from a seller in Ontario. In their description they stated that item would be shipped within "5" days of cleared payment. On the 19th they listed item as being shipped. I paid $26US for shipping but seller did not provide a tracking number so I tried contacting them to get the same. It took contacting them twice to get the number but on checking with Canada Post I found out that they didn't ship my item until the day they contacted me back with the number.

This is a violation of E-Bay's rules with keeping with their listings description and it means not getting my item as promised. Where they list as shipped within 5 days of cleared payment which would have been by 5 days from the 15th, shipped by the 20th. My item was not shipped until the 24th and I feel that if I didn't contact this seller I would not have had my item shipped then. Can some action be taken because of this seller not keeping with their listing promise?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: seller didn't ship my item within time given in listings description

This is the only reason for the Detailed Seller Rating on shipping time.

The lowest mark is ONE star.

When a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, he finds his ability to list and sell on eBay severely restricted. This can mean anything from higher fees to violations/defects on his account to being kicked off the site.

The $26 price probably has more to do with the high cost of shipping by Canada Post, but when the item arrives you can check the dimensions and weight against canadapost.ca rate schedules.

Is this a new seller? Or is this a high value/high fraud category? The seller may not have received your cleared payment which may be being Held by Paypal against his good performance. That's a Buyer Protection policy, but many newbies get the idea they don't have to ship until they have the money. Actually the seven day rule still holds, as you are aware.

The seller was wrong, but hold off on feedback, DSRs and complaints until you have the item and have inspected it.

BTW, in my opinion 'tracking' is not useful for the buyer only for the seller. This is one instance where it was useful to get your seller off his plumber's crack. If the item has not appeared by Day 20 after payment, start an Item Not Received Dispute.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"paid on September 15th"

What time of day?

If late in the day, five business days should start counting the next day (16th).

Five days lead to September 23rd.

While Canada Post shows Tracking from September 24th, it is quite possible the parcel was sent on the 23rd (or earlier)

Wait until you actually receive the parcel to verify and confirm the actual dates.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Date and time item was received at post office, 2014/09/24 4:35 CHATHAM Item accepted at the Post Office 1301 Date and time item was paid for, 09-15-2014, 8:15pm NL time. Contacted seller on September 9-22-2014, 8:34 NL time and again on 09-24-2014, 10.29am NL time. Reply received from seller on 09-24-2014, 4:15pm NL time and again 09-24-2014, 11:10pm NL time. This goes to show that item was not shipped until after the first reply from seller. Seller is  ( 127) with a feedback of 96.8. Seems that I am not the only one having problems with my transaction, check out the negative and neutral feedback.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"paid on September 15th"

What time of day?

If late in the day, five business days should start counting the next day (16th).

Five days lead to September 23rd.

While Canada Post shows Tracking from September 24th, it is quite possible the parcel was sent on the 23rd (or earlier)

Wait until you actually receive the parcel to verify and confirm the actual dates.

Also, it is important to note that even though the Seller may have gone to a counter to post your item on the correct date, if they were past the cutoff for that day's mail, it could well show as received the next day. Sux but that is how my local Post Office does it. After 4PM its technically the next days mail.

imageelf
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You mentioned 20 days after payment a non receipt case can be opened if item has not arrived, is this business days or weekends as well or would this be from day marked as shipped? Thank you. Derrick
Message 6 of 6
latest reply